0.6b2 now available

Nick Joyce
Hey all,

I have managed to package together PyAMF 0.6b2, details of which can be found on the blog [0].

0.6 boasts an order magnitude speed boost over 0.5.1 (when using the optional bundled c extension) and provides support for Django 1.2 and SQLAlchemy 0.6, but is still in beta so please test in development only (although I have been using it in production for some time).

In order to push a 0.6 final, I need feedback (bad or good) - let me know how it works out for you. Conversely if you decided not to upgrade, let me know why - I want you guys to use it! :)

And now to get some sleep ;)

Nick

[0] - http://blog.pyamf.org/2010/08/pyamf-0-6b2-released

Re: 0.6b2 now available

Thijs Triemstra
Hey Nick,

when I run the google app engine tests, most or all of them fail. I opened a ticket:
http://dev.pyamf.org/ticket/789

Cheers,

Thijs

On 13 Aug 2010, at 00:50, Nick Joyce wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have managed to package together PyAMF 0.6b2, details of which can be found on the blog [0].
>
> 0.6 boasts an order magnitude speed boost over 0.5.1 (when using the optional bundled c extension) and provides support for Django 1.2 and SQLAlchemy 0.6, but is still in beta so please test in development only (although I have been using it in production for some time).
>
> In order to push a 0.6 final, I need feedback (bad or good) - let me know how it works out for you. Conversely if you decided not to upgrade, let me know why - I want you guys to use it! :)
>
> And now to get some sleep ;)
>
> Nick
>
> [0] - http://blog.pyamf.org/2010/08/pyamf-0-6b2-released

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: 0.6b2 now available

Nick Joyce
The App Engine tests are not meant to be run locally - you can do it, you just have to setup the environment correctly. PyAMF does not do this for you, which is why you're getting these errors/failures.

The tests are meant to be run on an appspot.com instance, Google's AppEngine production environment. I have created an application on appspot that allows my to quickly run the whole 0.6b2 test suite (or any version I care to upload), unaltered from the comfort of my own browser.

http://pyamf-test.appspot.com/

I'm not a designer so forgive the look and feel, however you should note that all the tests pass (or are skipped appropriately).

I have closed that ticket as invalid.

Cheers,

Nick

On 15 Aug 2010, at 02:42, Thijs Triemstra | Collab wrote:

> Hey Nick,
>
> when I run the google app engine tests, most or all of them fail. I opened a ticket:
> http://dev.pyamf.org/ticket/789
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thijs
>
> On 13 Aug 2010, at 00:50, Nick Joyce wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I have managed to package together PyAMF 0.6b2, details of which can be found on the blog [0].
>>
>> 0.6 boasts an order magnitude speed boost over 0.5.1 (when using the optional bundled c extension) and provides support for Django 1.2 and SQLAlchemy 0.6, but is still in beta so please test in development only (although I have been using it in production for some time).
>>
>> In order to push a 0.6 final, I need feedback (bad or good) - let me know how it works out for you. Conversely if you decided not to upgrade, let me know why - I want you guys to use it! :)
>>
>> And now to get some sleep ;)
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> [0] - http://blog.pyamf.org/2010/08/pyamf-0-6b2-released

Re: 0.6b2 now available

Thijs Triemstra
Hi Nick,

does this than mean that I can't run the tests successfully without deinstalling gae? Is it not possible to skip the tests if it's not being  run from app engine? Otherwise the tests results become kinda useless..

Cheers,

Thijs

On 15 Aug 2010, at 01:23, Nick Joyce wrote:

> The App Engine tests are not meant to be run locally - you can do it, you just have to setup the environment correctly. PyAMF does not do this for you, which is why you're getting these errors/failures.
>
> The tests are meant to be run on an appspot.com instance, Google's AppEngine production environment. I have created an application on appspot that allows my to quickly run the whole 0.6b2 test suite (or any version I care to upload), unaltered from the comfort of my own browser.
>
> http://pyamf-test.appspot.com/
>
> I'm not a designer so forgive the look and feel, however you should note that all the tests pass (or are skipped appropriately).
>
> I have closed that ticket as invalid.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick
>
> On 15 Aug 2010, at 02:42, Thijs Triemstra | Collab wrote:
>
>> Hey Nick,
>>
>> when I run the google app engine tests, most or all of them fail. I opened a ticket:
>> http://dev.pyamf.org/ticket/789
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Thijs
>>
>> On 13 Aug 2010, at 00:50, Nick Joyce wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I have managed to package together PyAMF 0.6b2, details of which can be found on the blog [0].
>>>
>>> 0.6 boasts an order magnitude speed boost over 0.5.1 (when using the optional bundled c extension) and provides support for Django 1.2 and SQLAlchemy 0.6, but is still in beta so please test in development only (although I have been using it in production for some time).
>>>
>>> In order to push a 0.6 final, I need feedback (bad or good) - let me know how it works out for you. Conversely if you decided not to upgrade, let me know why - I want you guys to use it! :)
>>>
>>> And now to get some sleep ;)
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>
>>> [0] - http://blog.pyamf.org/2010/08/pyamf-0-6b2-released

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: 0.6b2 now available

Nick Joyce
I see, it appears you have the appengine SDK on your path ..

There is a specific test I can include to check whether the interepreter is run on appspot or not, I will include that so that the google tests are skipped locally.

Cheers,

Nick