3.0beta2 tutorial

paulh-5

I just installed 3.0beta2 under python2.5 and hello world
tut01helloworld.py does not work. It can't find the tutorial.conf file.
Of course if you copy it to where its looking all is well.

Paul Hide

Re: 3.0beta2 tutorial

Christian Wyglendowski-2
On 10/16/06, paulh <[hidden email]> wrote:

I just installed 3.0beta2 under python2.5 and hello world
tut01helloworld.py does not work. It can't find the tutorial.conf file.
Of course if you copy it to where its looking all is well.

Hi Paul.  I looked and saw that the file is included in the archive.  Is the tutorial.conf file not getting installed when you run 'setup.py install'?

Christian
http://www.dowski.com

Re: 3.0beta2 tutorial

paulh-5

Hi Christain - It does get installed, but not in the place where the
program looks for it. When I ran the installer it put the tutorial .py
files in C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\tutorial and that is
where tut01 looks for it. However, the installer also creates a
directory C:\Python25\cherrypy\tutorial which contains tutorial.conf
and 3 or 4 other files.
So the file is there, but in the wrong place.

Paul

On 10/17/06, paulh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Christain - It does get installed, but not in the place where the
program looks for it. When I ran the installer it put the tutorial .py
files in C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\tutorial and that is
where tut01 looks for it. However, the installer also creates a
directory C:\Python25\cherrypy\tutorial which contains tutorial.conf
and 3 or 4 other files.

Aha.  So it is probably a Python 2.5 issue.  We have some code in setup.py that works around an issue in 2.4 that made it difficult to put "data files" into the local site-packages directory.  It sounds like that needs to be revamped for Python 2.5.

Thanks for bringing this up.  I'll open a ticket and see what we can do about it.

Christian
http://www.dowski.com