3rd party plugin repo

Akai
Hi!

By request, I've created a plugin repo
(https://github.com/pyblosxom/plugins.git) for 3rd party plugins and I
hope to make another for flavours as soon as I have the time.

The idea is to make it easier for people to contribute to existing 3rd
party plugins and to build up a library of updated plugins (which was
difficult when they were hosted on other people's githubs/servers)

Feel free to tell me why this is a great/horrible idea and/or to add and
update plugins.
I plan on adding the existing plugins as soon as I test them for
compatibility with the latest version of Pyblosxom.

The core plugins will (with the exception of the "sample" plugin) stay
out of the 3rd party repo.

-akai

Re: 3rd party plugin repo

wari
Well, if its actually hosted in other git repos, why not link to it as a
git submodule within the plugins.git project? At least the pointers are
there, and the original maintainers can update as they please.

> Hi!
>
> By request, I've created a plugin repo
> (https://github.com/pyblosxom/plugins.git) for 3rd party plugins and I
> hope to make another for flavours as soon as I have the time.
>
> The idea is to make it easier for people to contribute to existing 3rd
> party plugins and to build up a library of updated plugins (which was
> difficult when they were hosted on other people's githubs/servers)
>
> Feel free to tell me why this is a great/horrible idea and/or to add and
> update plugins.
> I plan on adding the existing plugins as soon as I test them for
> compatibility with the latest version of Pyblosxom.
>
> The core plugins will (with the exception of the "sample" plugin) stay
> out of the 3rd party repo.
>
> -akai

Re: 3rd party plugin repo

Akai
Because its not just other git repos, its all over the place. Also -
While I'm not sure how the git submodule process would work, in any
case, publishing to the repo should be akin to a "release" of your
plugin, while the versions in people's personal repos would be the
development versions.
I hope that it will always be possible to pull a working version of a
3rd party plugin from the repo.

On 12/04/2012 03:54 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Well, if its actually hosted in other git repos, why not link to it as a
> git submodule within the plugins.git project? At least the pointers are
> there, and the original maintainers can update as they please.
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> By request, I've created a plugin repo
>> (https://github.com/pyblosxom/plugins.git) for 3rd party plugins and I
>> hope to make another for flavours as soon as I have the time.
>>
>> The idea is to make it easier for people to contribute to existing 3rd
>> party plugins and to build up a library of updated plugins (which was
>> difficult when they were hosted on other people's githubs/servers)
>>
>> Feel free to tell me why this is a great/horrible idea and/or to add and
>> update plugins.
>> I plan on adding the existing plugins as soon as I test them for
>> compatibility with the latest version of Pyblosxom.
>>
>> The core plugins will (with the exception of the "sample" plugin) stay
>> out of the 3rd party repo.
>>
>> -akai

Re: [Pyblosxom-devel] 3rd party plugin repo

Asheesh Laroia
On Tue, 4 Dec 2012, Akai Kistune wrote:

> Because its not just other git repos, its all over the place. Also -
> While I'm not sure how the git submodule process would work, in any
> case, publishing to the repo should be akin to a "release" of your
> plugin, while the versions in people's personal repos would be the
> development versions.
> I hope that it will always be possible to pull a working version of a
> 3rd party plugin from the repo.

I'd just like to say, as a user of pyblosxom:

In my opinion this is *amazing*.

Sincerely,

Asheesh.