[ANN ] Jupyter tools: tex2ipy and ipyaml

[ANN ] Jupyter tools: tex2ipy and ipyaml

Prabhu Ramachandran-2
Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce a couple of simple packages related to Jupyter notebooks.

tex2ipy:  https://github.com/prabhuramachandran/tex2ipy

This simple tool makes it relatively easy to convert a LaTeX beamer presentation
to a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE[1].

The second tool is:

ipyaml: https://github.com/prabhuramachandran/ipyaml

This allows Jupyter to store notebook files as easy-to-edit YAML files.  It
supports both code/markdown and outputs so is entirely compatible with .ipynb
files (version 4 of the notebook format).  Output dumping can be disabled if
needed.  This package is similar to notedown and ipymd but offers complete
compatibility with .ipynb files.

Installation
------------

Both packages can be installed using pip.

   $ pip install tex2ipy  # Works only with Python3.x

   $ pip install ipyaml

cheers,
Prabhu

[1] https://github.com/damianavila/RISE

Re: [ANN ] Jupyter tools: tex2ipy and ipyaml

Brian Granger-3
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to announce a couple of simple packages related to Jupyter notebooks.
>
> tex2ipy:  https://github.com/prabhuramachandran/tex2ipy
>
> This simple tool makes it relatively easy to convert a LaTeX beamer presentation
> to a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE[1].
>
> The second tool is:
>
> ipyaml: https://github.com/prabhuramachandran/ipyaml
>
> This allows Jupyter to store notebook files as easy-to-edit YAML files.  It
> supports both code/markdown and outputs so is entirely compatible with .ipynb
> files (version 4 of the notebook format).  Output dumping can be disabled if
> needed.  This package is similar to notedown and ipymd but offers complete
> compatibility with .ipynb files.
>
> Installation
> ------------
>
> Both packages can be installed using pip.
>
>    $ pip install tex2ipy  # Works only with Python3.x
>
>    $ pip install ipyaml
>

> cheers,
> Prabhu
>
> [1] https://github.com/damianavila/RISE

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
[hidden email] and [hidden email]

Re: [ANN ] Jupyter tools: tex2ipy and ipyaml

Fernando Perez

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Brian Granger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

+1!

Which reminds me of this:

It would be really nice to have a "Jupyter" trove classifier for PyPI, so we could quickly find Jupyter-related packages... That would be useful on multiple fronts for us...

Cheers

Re: [ANN ] Jupyter tools: tex2ipy and ipyaml

Damián Avila
tex2ipy:  https://github.com/prabhuramachandran/tex2ipy
>This simple tool makes it relatively easy to convert a LaTeX beamer presentation
to a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE[1].

Really interesting (some bias here ;-)
Thanks for sharing it!