ANN: Updated version of the httpauthfilter for CP2.2

ANN: Updated version of the httpauthfilter for CP2.2

Sylvain Hellegouarch

Hi folks,

Following a recent burst of interest in the httpauthfilter for CherryPy
2.2, I was offered a patch from Peter Russell in order to support hashed
passwords. This means that now you can store the md5 value of
'username:realm:password' on your server instead of their clear text
values. A great thank you to Peter :)

While applying the patch I also fixed some long term issues with the way
the filter was working with static content. Hopefully this time this
should be OK.

Anyway, if you are interested you can grab your copy there:

http://trac.defuze.org/browser/oss/httpauthfilter

You only need the httpauth.py and httpauthfilter.py modules but you can
look at test.py and example.py for use cases of the filter.

This has been tested against the latest CP 2.2.2rc2 branch that you can
find at http://www.cherrypy.org/browser/branches/cherrypy-2.x

I believe this should work nicely with CP2.2.x

Feel free to contact me if you still run into trouble and I'll see what
I can do.

- Sylvain

Re: ANN: Updated version of the httpauthfilter for CP2.2

Marcus Mendes

Hello Sylvain,
I'd like thank you and your team for all you've done for all of us on  CP.
You are doing a great job!
God bless you!
Marcus

--
Marcus Mendes
"A coragem é a forma de todas as virtudes em ponto de prova" C.S.Lewis

Marcus Mendes wrote:
> Hello Sylvain,
> I'd like thank you and your team for all you've done for all of us on  CP.
> You are doing a great job!
> God bless you!
> Marcus

Thanks,

However if someone should be thanked it's Robert ;)
But well I won't complain either.

- Sylvain

Re: ANN: Updated version of the httpauthfilter for CP2.2

Marcus Mendes

Yes! Like I said, you and your team!
Many thanks
Marcus