ANN: poliastro 0.13.0 released 🚀

Juan Luis Cano
Hi all,

It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of poliastro
0.13.0! 🚀

poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and
analyze interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive
and easy way, used in academia and the industry by people from all
around the world. You can install it using pip or conda:

conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge
pip install poliastro

This major release is packed with new features, especially the new CZML
exporting capabilities and miscellaneous additions and important fixes
on the algorithmic side. It also sets a new high in terms of
contributors, which makes us extremely proud and thankful!

You can read the full release notes in the documentation:

https://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.13.0/changelog.html#poliastro-0-13-0-2019-08-05

If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on the Open Source Cubesat
Worshop held at the European Space Operations Centre in 2017:

https://youtu.be/KnoYzqAw_vM?t=1h36m14s

Please join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any questions
you might have:

Per Python ad astra!

--
Juan Luis Cano

        Support the Python Software Foundation:
        http://www.python.org/psf/donations/

Re: [poliastro-dev] ANN: poliastro 0.13.0 released 🚀

Samuel Dupree
Juan Luis Cano,

When will poliastro ver. 0.13.0 become available from Anaconda? At the
time of this note, only ver. 0.12.0 is available.

Lastly what is the recommended procedure to update poliastro from vers.
0.12.0 to 0.13.0?

Sam Dupree

On August/05/2019 16:48:37, Juan Luis Cano wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of poliastro
> 0.13.0! 🚀
>
> poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and
> analyze interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive
> and easy way, used in academia and the industry by people from all
> around the world. You can install it using pip or conda:
>
> conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge
> pip install poliastro
>
> This major release is packed with new features, especially the new CZML
> exporting capabilities and miscellaneous additions and important fixes
> on the algorithmic side. It also sets a new high in terms of
> contributors, which makes us extremely proud and thankful!
>
> You can read the full release notes in the documentation:
>
> https://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.13.0/changelog.html#poliastro-0-13-0-2019-08-05
>
> If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on the Open Source Cubesat
> Worshop held at the European Space Operations Centre in 2017:
>
> https://youtu.be/KnoYzqAw_vM?t=1h36m14s
>
> Please join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any questions
> you might have:

> Per Python ad astra!
>
> --
> Juan Luis Cano

        Support the Python Software Foundation:
        http://www.python.org/psf/donations/

Re: [poliastro-dev] ANN: poliastro 0.13.0 released 🚀

Samuel Lelièvre
Le mar. 6 août 2019 à 08:33, Samuel Dupree <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Juan Luis Cano,
>
> When will poliastro ver. 0.13.0 become available from Anaconda? At the
> time of this note, only ver. 0.12.0 is available.
>
> Lastly what is the recommended procedure to update poliastro from vers.
> 0.12.0 to 0.13.0?
>
> Sam Dupree

A pull request was automatically created by a bot:

    https://github.com/conda-forge/poliastro-feedstock/pull/29

and Juan Luis merged it yesterday, so that the new version is
available since yesterday, see the version badge on the README at

    https://github.com/conda-forge/poliastro-feedstock

Clicking on that badge sends to:

    https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/poliastro

which has the installation instructions.

Use `conda upgrade` instead of `conda install` if you want to upgrade.