ANN: poliastro 0.6 released

Juanlu_001
Hi all,

I am very pleased to announce poliastro 0.6.0, a MIT licensed, pure
Python library for studying Orbital Mechanics and Astrodynamics problems!

This is a new major release, focused on refactoring some internal core
parts and improving the propagation functionality. Among the new
features are:

* Support for Python 3.6.
* Allow propagation functions to receive a callback
* New Orbit objects that supersede the State API.

See the changelog for a more complete list of changes:

http://poliastro.readthedocs.io/en/v0.6.0/changelog.html#new-in-poliastro-0-6-0

You can install poliastro using either pip or conda:

    $ pip install poliastro

    $ conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge

And cite it using this DOI:

https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.290596

If you want to see an overview of poliastro capabilities, check out the
gallery of Jupyter notebooks where we list some specific applications
and interesting problems analyzed with this library:

http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/poliastro/poliastro/blob/v0.6.0/index.ipynb

And if you prefer video format, don't miss the recording of my talk on
EuroPython 2016:

https://youtu.be/VCpTgU1pb5k

This release is probably the last one I'm going to make as an "almost
aerospace engineer", so wish me luck for my MSc final project :) You can
check its progress here:

https://github.com/Juanlu001/pfc-uc3m

poliastro is an open source collection of Python subroutines for solving
problems in Astrodynamics and Orbital Mechanics. It combines cutting
edge technologies like Python JIT compiling (using numba) with young,
well developed astronomy packages (like astropy and jplephem) to provide
a user friendly API for solving Astrodynamics problems. It is therefore
an experiment to mix the best Python open source practices with my love
for Orbital Mechanics.

The project is still a work in progress and the API is subject to
change. Contributions, bug reports, suggestions and advice are more than
welcome! If you are willing to help, please join our mailing list on
groups.io:

https://groups.io/g/poliastro-dev

/Per Python ad Astra!

/Juan Luis Cano Rodríguez