ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

12

ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Phil Thompson-5
pyqtdeploy v2.0 has been released. While changes to the GUI are minimal, it should now be much easier to create target-specific system root directories that contain all the components that make up an application.

All current versions of Python are now supported.

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
Excellent Phil, nice work. I will definitely get back to you with any feedback.

> On Jan 5, 2018, at 3:30 AM, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> pyqtdeploy v2.0 has been released. While changes to the GUI are minimal, it should now be much easier to create target-specific system root directories that contain all the components that make up an application.
>
> All current versions of Python are now supported.
>
> Phil

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

MOHAMED BLACK
hi Phil
thank you for the new version

i just hit an error message when testing the demo project
i hope u can help if there is missing configuration?

windows7 x64
VS2015
python-3.6.4.exe
qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.3.exe
qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.3.zip
sip-4.19.7.dev1712301237.zip
PyQt5_gpl-5.9.3.dev1712202212.zip
pyqtdeploy-b48a79138484.zip
openssl-1.0.2n.tar.gz

1- edit sysroot.json and replace .tar.gz with .zip
2- installed python 2.7.14 must for the qt build
3- add Strawberry-perl to path must for openssl
4- add nasm-2.11.06 to path must for openssl
5- run build-demo.py

oppessl  and qt5 build successfully
when starting to build target python i get

Installing an existing Python v3.6.4 as the host Python
Building the target Python from source
Configuring Python v3.6.4 for win-32
Installing C:\demo\sysroot-win-32\build\Python-3.6.4\Modules\config.c
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python36-32\Scripts\pyqtdeploy-sysroot-script.py", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('pyqtdeploy==0.0.dev0', 'console_scripts', 'pyqtdeploy-sysroot')()
  File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\pyqtdeploysysroot_main.py", line 83, in main
    sysroot.build_components(args.component, args.no_clean)
  File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\sysroot.py", line 102, in build_components
    component.build(self)
  File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\python\python.py", line 98, in build
    self._build_target_from_source(sysroot, archive)
  File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\python\python.py", line 196, in _build_target_from_source
    configure_python(self.dynamic_loading, sysroot)
  File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\python\configure_python.py", line 54, in configure_python
    configurations_dir.absoluteFilePath(config_c_src_file),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'absoluteFilePath'

On 5 Jan 2018, at 8:45 pm, MOHAMED BLACK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi Phil
> thank you for the new version
>
> i just hit an error message when testing the demo project
> i hope u can help if there is missing configuration?
>
> windows7 x64
> VS2015
> python-3.6.4.exe
> qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.3.exe
> qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.3.zip
> sip-4.19.7.dev1712301237.zip
> PyQt5_gpl-5.9.3.dev1712202212.zip
> pyqtdeploy-b48a79138484.zip
> openssl-1.0.2n.tar.gz
>
> 1- edit sysroot.json and replace .tar.gz with .zip
> 2- installed python 2.7.14 must for the qt build
> 3- add Strawberry-perl to path must for openssl
> 4- add nasm-2.11.06 to path must for openssl
> 5- run build-demo.py
>
> oppessl  and qt5 build successfully
> when starting to build target python i get
>
> Installing an existing Python v3.6.4 as the host Python
> Building the target Python from source
> Configuring Python v3.6.4 for win-32
> Installing C:\demo\sysroot-win-32\build\Python-3.6.4\Modules\config.c
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python36-32\Scripts\pyqtdeploy-sysroot-script.py", line 11, in <module>
>     load_entry_point('pyqtdeploy==0.0.dev0', 'console_scripts', 'pyqtdeploy-sysroot')()
>   File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\pyqtdeploysysroot_main.py", line 83, in main
>     sysroot.build_components(args.component, args.no_clean)
>   File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\sysroot.py", line 102, in build_components
>     component.build(self)
>   File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\python\python.py", line 98, in build
>     self._build_target_from_source(sysroot, archive)
>   File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\python\python.py", line 196, in _build_target_from_source
>     configure_python(self.dynamic_loading, sysroot)
>   File "C:\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy-0.0.dev0-py3.6.egg\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\python\configure_python.py", line 54, in configure_python
>     configurations_dir.absoluteFilePath(config_c_src_file),
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'absoluteFilePath'

I've just uploaded v2.0.1 - that should fix it.

Thanks,
Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
Phil,

I had patched pyqtdeploy-v1 to include some standard C python modules in my sysroot builds, for example:

        {"time", PyInit_time},
        {"math", PyInit_math},
        {"pickle", PyInit__pickle},
        {"_datetime", PyInit__datetime},
        {"_struct", PyInit__struct},
        { "binascii", PyInit_binascii},
        { "_sha512", PyInit__sha512},
        { "_sha256", PyInit__sha256},
        { "_sha1", PyInit__sha1},
        { "_md5", PyInit__md5},
        { "_random", PyInit__random},
        { "_zlib", PyInit_zlib},
        { "_socket", PyInit__socket},
        { "select", PyInit_select},

I suppose it makes sense that I am running into some unresolved symbols (_ffi_call_unix64, _ffi_closure_unix64) using this sysroot with the new pyqtdeploy-build. So I guess I should re-build my sysroots using the new pyqtdeploy-sysroot.

Is there a way to include std c python modules when building python with pyqtdeply-sysroot? In pyqtdeploycli v1 that involved changes to config_py3.c & python.pro.

Thanks!

On Jan 5, 2018, at 6:05 AM, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Excellent Phil, nice work. I will definitely get back to you with any feedback.

On Jan 5, 2018, at 3:30 AM, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

pyqtdeploy v2.0 has been released. While changes to the GUI are minimal, it should now be much easier to create target-specific system root directories that contain all the components that make up an application.

All current versions of Python are now supported.

Phil

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
Also, I have my own qt edits in a single repo and then do a remote build by calling qt’s configure from whatever empty build dir I chose, either passing “developer-build” or “prefix” to install in place in the build dir. Here is my configure line:

../../../pyqt-sysroot-base/src/qt5/qtbase/configure -static -debug-and-release -xplatform macx-ios-clang -nomake examples -nomake tests -opensource -confirm-license -qt-pcre -developer-build

This makes for an easy distclean because you just delete the build dir. Is there a way to do this with pyqtdeploy-sysroot? It doesn’t look like the “source” or “qt_dir” don’t quite accomplish this.

Thanks!

On 6 Jan 2018, at 5:39 am, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I had patched pyqtdeploy-v1 to include some standard C python modules in my sysroot builds, for example:
>
>         {"time", PyInit_time},
>         {"math", PyInit_math},
>         {"pickle", PyInit__pickle},
>         {"_datetime", PyInit__datetime},
>         {"_struct", PyInit__struct},
>         { "binascii", PyInit_binascii},
>         { "_sha512", PyInit__sha512},
>         { "_sha256", PyInit__sha256},
>         { "_sha1", PyInit__sha1},
>         { "_md5", PyInit__md5},
>         { "_random", PyInit__random},
>         { "_zlib", PyInit_zlib},
>         { "_socket", PyInit__socket},
>         { "select", PyInit_select},
>
> I suppose it makes sense that I am running into some unresolved symbols (_ffi_call_unix64, _ffi_closure_unix64) using this sysroot with the new pyqtdeploy-build. So I guess I should re-build my sysroots using the new pyqtdeploy-sysroot.
>
> Is there a way to include std c python modules when building python with pyqtdeply-sysroot? In pyqtdeploycli v1 that involved changes to config_py3.c & python.pro.

No. Those modules are built on an application by application basis when needed.

On 6 Jan 2018, at 5:51 am, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also, I have my own qt edits in a single repo and then do a remote build by calling qt’s configure from whatever empty build dir I chose, either passing “developer-build” or “prefix” to install in place in the build dir. Here is my configure line:
>
> ../../../pyqt-sysroot-base/src/qt5/qtbase/configure -static -debug-and-release -xplatform macx-ios-clang -nomake examples -nomake tests -opensource -confirm-license -qt-pcre -developer-build
>
> This makes for an easy distclean because you just delete the build dir. Is there a way to do this with pyqtdeploy-sysroot? It doesn’t look like the “source” or “qt_dir” don’t quite accomplish this.

You can use your own Qt5 plugin to do whatever you want. I'll consider patches to the standard plugin if I think it's generally useful.

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Stefan Baerisch

thanks for the new release. I have been struggling getting the V1 to
work on MacOs.

One remark: The skeleton.json in the documentation
(http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/sysroot.html#ref-building-a-sysroot)
and the download version have an error:  "pip":: {} has one extra colon.

Also a question: How do I configure the sysroot build for a commercial
PyQT version? I get the following error message during the PyQT5 build:

"""
This is the commercial version of PyQt 5.9.2 (licensed under the PyQt
Commercial License) for Python 3.6.3 on darwin.
Error: Please copy the license file pyqt-commercial.sip to
"""

Is there some way to specify the path to my license file in the PyQT
specification file?

Best regards

Stefan

On 6 Jan 2018, at 2:13 pm, Stefan Baerisch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the new release. I have been struggling getting the V1 to work on MacOs.
>
> One remark: The skeleton.json in the documentation (http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/sysroot.html#ref-building-a-sysroot) and the download version have an error:  "pip":: {} has one extra colon.
>
> Also a question: How do I configure the sysroot build for a commercial PyQT version? I get the following error message during the PyQT5 build:
>
> """
> This is the commercial version of PyQt 5.9.2 (licensed under the PyQt
> Commercial License) for Python 3.6.3 on darwin.
> Error: Please copy the license file pyqt-commercial.sip to
> """
>
> Is there some way to specify the path to my license file in the PyQT specification file?

Put it into the same directory as the PyQt source archive.

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
So is your suggestion is to patch pyqtdeploy for each application to include the source files and module unit entry, or is there a cleaner way to do it?

On 6 Jan 2018, at 4:41 pm, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So is your suggestion is to patch pyqtdeploy for each application to include the source files and module unit entry, or is there a cleaner way to do it?

You don't need to patch anything. I don't understand why you are doing it.

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
OK that’s interesting. Then for example, what is the suggested way to linke the standard python C module “_socket” in the exe, and have it’s module init method PyInit__socket” called on startup? Selecting “socket” in the pyqtdeploy gui didn’t do all of that for me.

On 6 Jan 2018, at 6:55 pm, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK that’s interesting. Then for example, what is the suggested way to linke the standard python C module “_socket” in the exe, and have it’s module init method PyInit__socket” called on startup? Selecting “socket” in the pyqtdeploy gui didn’t do all of that for me.

The demo (indirectly) uses _socket and that works fine.

Do you have an example?

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Kálmán Viktor
Not sure if related to this but what is the best way to add extra encoding on Windows? If I check `Use standard Python shared library` the only way I could add extra encoding is to modify python_metadata.py and add `core=True` to the encoding I need.

On 7 Jan 2018, at 12:14 pm, Kálmán Viktor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure if related to this but what is the best way to add extra encoding on Windows? If I check `Use standard Python shared library` the only way I could add extra encoding is to modify python_metadata.py and add `core=True` to the encoding I need.

encodings is a package in the standard library, so check the encodings you need.

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
Ah Ok, that is encouraging as my method was (obviously) kind of a pain to maintain. I will rebuild my sysroots with v2 and report back.

-Patrick

> On Jan 7, 2018, at 3:30 AM, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 6 Jan 2018, at 6:55 pm, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK that’s interesting. Then for example, what is the suggested way to linke the standard python C module “_socket” in the exe, and have it’s module init method PyInit__socket” called on startup? Selecting “socket” in the pyqtdeploy gui didn’t do all of that for me.
>
> The demo (indirectly) uses _socket and that works fine.
>
> Do you have an example?
>
> Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Patrick Stinson-3
Phil,

It looks like pyqtdeploy is linking to qmake in qt_dir to the host/bin folder in sysroot. but that does not preserve the PREFIX hardcoded in the qmake exe (see below). This causes the qmake error “Cannot find configuration file .” when qmake is executed from the link, causing the python component to fail building.

This version of Qt was configured with -prefix to the current source folder (/Users/patrick/dev/vendor/dev/build/qt).

turin:vendor patrick$ ls -la sysroot-macos-64/host/bin/qmake
lrwxr-xr-x  1 patrick  staff  49 Jan  8 01:03 sysroot-macos-64/host/bin/qmake -> /Users/patrick/dev/vendor/dev/build/qt5/bin/qmake
turin:vendor patrick$ sysroot-macos-64/host/bin/qmake --version
QMake version 3.1
Using Qt version 5.11.0 in
turin:vendor patrick$ /Users/patrick/dev/vendor/dev/build/qt5/bin/qmake --version
QMake version 3.1
Using Qt version 5.11.0 in /Users/patrick/dev/vendor/dev/build/qt5/lib
turin:vendor patrick$

On 8 Jan 2018, at 9:14 am, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Phil,
>
> It looks like pyqtdeploy is linking to qmake in qt_dir to the host/bin folder in sysroot. but that does not preserve the PREFIX hardcoded in the qmake exe (see below). This causes the qmake error “Cannot find configuration file .” when qmake is executed from the link, causing the python component to fail building.
>
> This version of Qt was configured with -prefix to the current source folder (/Users/patrick/dev/vendor/dev/build/qt).

The Qt plugin only supports existing installations created by a standard installer (I've updated the docs to make this clear).

The reason for providing the link is to provide a fixed location for qmake (relative to the sysroot directory) for all (supported) Qt builds so that build scripts (like build-demo.py) don't have to know QT was built.

Phil

Re: ANN: pyqtdeploy v2.0 Released

Phil Thompson-5

> On 8 Jan 2018, at 10:34 am, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 8 Jan 2018, at 9:14 am, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Phil,
>>
>> It looks like pyqtdeploy is linking to qmake in qt_dir to the host/bin folder in sysroot. but that does not preserve the PREFIX hardcoded in the qmake exe (see below). This causes the qmake error “Cannot find configuration file .” when qmake is executed from the link, causing the python component to fail building.
>>
>> This version of Qt was configured with -prefix to the current source folder (/Users/patrick/dev/vendor/dev/build/qt).
>
> The Qt plugin only supports existing installations created by a standard installer (I've updated the docs to make this clear).
>
> The reason for providing the link is to provide a fixed location for qmake (relative to the sysroot directory) for all (supported) Qt builds so that build scripts (like build-demo.py) don't have to know QT was built.

That said, there is no reason why pyqtdeploy itself needs to use that symlink as it knows where Qt is really
installed. Changed in tonight's snapshot.

Phil
12