Advices on embedding python in Qt/C++ application

Advices on embedding python in Qt/C++ application

Erik Janssens
Hello Alexis,

I have been able to compile Qt / Sip / PyQt5 with mingw, and this
on multiple occassions.

Although the instructions are not always very clear, it sort of works
out of the box.  It's almost magic.

Please note that we did cross-compilation with mingw on a linux
host, which is even more error prone.

Compiling Python with mingw is however not supported, so you
need to link with a Visual Studio build of Python.

I have been writing a build script for compiling Python with
mingw, but that is still very rough :

https://bitbucket.org/conceptive/cross-python/src/default/

Best regards,

Erik