After update Linux Debian get "shader compilation failed"

After update Linux Debian get "shader compilation failed"

starglider.dev
Hi,
just update Linux Debian and the code that show a html page using:
QtWebEngineWidgets.QWebEngineView
no longer works and gives a black windows the this error

QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( qt_Matrix ): shader program is not linked
QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
shader compilation failed:
""

in windows 10 works normal.

Python 3.5
PyQt5 5.7.1
SIP 4.18.1

64bits

Thank you in advance.

Re: After update Linux Debian get "shader compilation failed"

Florian Bruhin
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 08:16:28PM +0000, Starglider Developer wrote:

> just update Linux Debian and the code that show a html page using:
>
> QtWebEngineWidgets.QWebEngineView
>
> no longer works and gives a black windows the this error
>

> QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( qt_Matrix ): shader program is not
> linked
> QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
> QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
> QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
> shader compilation failed:
> ""
Have you tried rebooting after the update? If not, try that - that seems
to help with similar issues, especially on Nvidia graphic cards.

If not: Can you show the output of "glxinfo -B" (part of mesa-utils)
please?

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [hidden email] (Mail/XMPP)

Re: After update Linux Debian get "shader compilation failed"

starglider.dev

I reboot after the update, because I work with VM and just reboot now.

The output of glxinfo -b is:

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.66
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50 NVIDIA
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile

OpenGL version string: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.66
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50 NVIDIA
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: (none)

OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 NVIDIA 375.66
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 08:47:11PM +0000, Starglider Developer wrote:
> I reboot after the update, because I work with VM and just reboot now.
>
> The output of glxinfo -b is:
>
> [...]
> OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation

You're probably dealing with this bug in the nvidia driver then:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-qt4/+bug/941826
I don't know how an update would've affected this, though.

Anyways, doing this in your application before using QtWebEngine (or
maybe before importing it, not sure) will likely help:

    import ctypes
    import ctypes.util
    ctypes.CDLL(ctypes.util.find_library("GL"), mode=ctypes.RTLD_GLOBAL)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [hidden email] (Mail/XMPP)

Re: After update Linux Debian get "shader compilation failed"

starglider.dev
Great!
Now works in Debian but not in Windows, but is better than not working in Debian.

Thank you.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 09:49:56PM +0000, Starglider Developer wrote:
> Great!
> Now works in Debian but not in Windows, but is better than not working in
> Debian.

Ah, right - you only need to do that on Linux. So move it to some
conditional "if sys.platform.startswith('linux'):" block and you should
be fine.

(or alternatively, catch whatever exception you get from ctypes)

> Thank you.

You're welcome!

Florian

--