Ajax and CP2

morellik

Dear all,

I'm starting to learn something about  Ajax.
Can I use Ajax features in applications written in CP2?
There are some changes to do?

THanks
Enrico

Re: Ajax and CP2

Sylvain Hellegouarch

morellik wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm starting to learn something about  Ajax.
> Can I use Ajax features in applications written in CP2?

Yes.

> There are some changes to do?

No.
No because Ajax is only HTTP calls made manually from some Javascript
code. But in the end it's only HTTP and CherryPy doesn't care where it
comes from.

However CherryPy does not provide some kind of framework either to make
things a little friendlier. That is you will have to write your own
Javascript code using a dedicated library such as MochiKit, moo.tools or
JQuery, etc. You may want to look at TurboGears as well for this.

Anyway Ajax does not change the way the HTTP exchange occur and
therefore CherryPy does not have to behave differently.

- Sylvain

Re: Ajax and CP2

Christian Wyglendowski-2

On 12/15/06, morellik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm starting to learn something about  Ajax.
> Can I use Ajax features in applications written in CP2?

Sure ... see the following link for a short example using CP 2.2 and
the XMLHTTPRequest object from Firefox.  If you are stuck with CP 2.0,
the ideas should transfer fairly easily.

http://projects.dowski.com/view/cp22simple_ajax

Christian
http://www.dowski.com