Quantcast

Allow IPython Notebook Server to Run in a Read and Execute Only Mode

Allow IPython Notebook Server to Run in a Read and Execute Only Mode

gouthambs
I have a use case and I am exploring if Jupyter / IPython can be used. I would like to create some widgets using IPython notebook and have other users read and execute a given notebook, but not allow them to edit.

The rationale here is I want to build tools that I can have other users view and use. By limiting users from edit/save ability, I can have my code on a server and not worry about malicious execution of code.

Does any one have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?