Quantcast

Announce: Windows version of LDTP - GUI test automation tool

Announce: Windows version of LDTP - GUI test automation tool

Nagappan Alagappan
Hello,

I'm excited to announce Windows version of Linux Desktop Testing Porject (WinLDTP) !!!

Special thanks:
VMware Inc permitting me to open source my work
VMware Desktop Engineering QE team to test it extensively
David Connet <[hidden email]> for creating the WinLDTP installer

Existing LDTP API's are compatible with WinLDTP, if there is any mismatch then we have to fix it ;-)

About LDTP:

Linux Desktop Testing Project is aimed at producing high quality test automation framework (using GNOME / Python) and cutting-edge tools that can be used to test Linux Desktop and improve it. It uses the Accessibility libraries to poke through the application's user interface. We strive to help in building a quality desktop.

Download binary (Windows XP / Windows 7): http://download.freedesktop.org/ldtp/winldtp-latest/WinLDTP.msi
System requirement: .NET 3.5, refer README.txt after installation

Documentation references:

For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit http://ldtp.freedesktop.org

For information on various APIs in LDTP including those added for this release can be got from http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/index.html

IRC Channel - #ldtp on irc.freenode.net

Thanks
Nagappan

--
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project - http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com

Re: Announce: Windows version of LDTP - GUI test automation tool

Nagappan Alagappan
Hello,

Had a discussion with Tony and based on that I would like to present this topic by May '12, if there is any interest on this topic.

Please +1 if you are interested.

Linux version code is completely in Python
Windows server version is in C# and client version is in Python

We @VMware using both of them and we are able to reuse the code 95% between these two platforms for GUI automation. During my last talk more than 6 months back, I presented the Linux version, this time I would like to present Windows version and probably compare it with Linux one.

Thanks
Nagappan