Quantcast

Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Tennessee Leeuwenburg-3
Hi all,

I have just returned from holidays in the Grampians, where it was sunny, hot and a total escape. So I'm afraid I may be a bit late in sending out this notice. Don't let that curb your enthusiasm!

The next meeting is next week on Monday, starting at 6pm. Full details on the location and how to get there can be found at http://j.mp/mpug.

For our presentations, I will be giving "Using Python an AI to win at rock, paper, scissors" a trial run in the 15-minute slot. It will include a discussion of the game, show a few simple AI algorithms for calculating probabilities and predicting moves, and, wi-fi permitting, an online demo in which I will get my butt kicked by my own code.

There are still vacancies in the 5 minute and 15 minute categories. It would be great to get at least one more talk up there. However, if not, we can just chillax and enjoy the rockin vibe of the Inspire9 co-working space, maybe play a game of pool, and generally talk Python. It's a great venue and I encourage you to come and enjoy the evening. 

Cheers,
-T

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Ed Schofield-3
Hi all,

Just to follow up on Tennessee's email: the venue is booked for Monday, and Kealey from Inspire9 will be setting up the space for us.

Benno and Tennesee will be coordinating the meeting (including pizza orders). I will be coming but not until later.

See you then!
    Ed


On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have just returned from holidays in the Grampians, where it was sunny, hot and a total escape. So I'm afraid I may be a bit late in sending out this notice. Don't let that curb your enthusiasm!

The next meeting is next week on Monday, starting at 6pm. Full details on the location and how to get there can be found at http://j.mp/mpug.

For our presentations, I will be giving "Using Python an AI to win at rock, paper, scissors" a trial run in the 15-minute slot. It will include a discussion of the game, show a few simple AI algorithms for calculating probabilities and predicting moves, and, wi-fi permitting, an online demo in which I will get my butt kicked by my own code.

There are still vacancies in the 5 minute and 15 minute categories. It would be great to get at least one more talk up there. However, if not, we can just chillax and enjoy the rockin vibe of the Inspire9 co-working space, maybe play a game of pool, and generally talk Python. It's a great venue and I encourage you to come and enjoy the evening. 

Cheers,
-T

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug




--
Dr. Edward Schofield
Python Charmers
+61 (0)405 676 229
http://pythoncharmers.com


_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Tennessee Leeuwenburg-3
Thanks for organising that, Ed. Can you please confirm the booking for April as well? Might as well get it all confirmed, then I'll update the wiki and email around a call for speakers.

Cheers,
-T

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Just to follow up on Tennessee's email: the venue is booked for Monday, and Kealey from Inspire9 will be setting up the space for us.

Benno and Tennesee will be coordinating the meeting (including pizza orders). I will be coming but not until later.

See you then!
    Ed


On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have just returned from holidays in the Grampians, where it was sunny, hot and a total escape. So I'm afraid I may be a bit late in sending out this notice. Don't let that curb your enthusiasm!

The next meeting is next week on Monday, starting at 6pm. Full details on the location and how to get there can be found at http://j.mp/mpug.

For our presentations, I will be giving "Using Python an AI to win at rock, paper, scissors" a trial run in the 15-minute slot. It will include a discussion of the game, show a few simple AI algorithms for calculating probabilities and predicting moves, and, wi-fi permitting, an online demo in which I will get my butt kicked by my own code.

There are still vacancies in the 5 minute and 15 minute categories. It would be great to get at least one more talk up there. However, if not, we can just chillax and enjoy the rockin vibe of the Inspire9 co-working space, maybe play a game of pool, and generally talk Python. It's a great venue and I encourage you to come and enjoy the evening. 

Cheers,
-T

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug




--
Dr. Edward Schofield
Python Charmers
<a href="tel:%2B61%20%280%29405%20676%20229" value="+61405676229" target="_blank">+61 (0)405 676 229
http://pythoncharmers.com


_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug




--
--------------------------------------------------
Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/
"Don't believe everything you think"

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Brian May-11
On 9 March 2012 16:18, Tennessee Leeuwenburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for organising that, Ed. Can you please confirm the booking for April
> as well? Might as well get it all confirmed, then I'll update the wiki and
> email around a call for speakers.

Oops. Looks like the 15 minute time slot is already taken. I am
prepared to do my talk however when there is a timeslot spare (if I
wasn't clear on this before...)

Thanks
--
Brian May <[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Brian May-11
On 13 March 2012 12:01, Brian May <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oops. Looks like the 15 minute time slot is already taken. I am
> prepared to do my talk however when there is a timeslot spare (if I
> wasn't clear on this before...)

Hello All,

Andrew Walker has indicated, via private mail, that he is willing to
be flexible on this and either wait a month or reduce his talk to 5
minutes.

As an alternative, would two 15 minute talks be considered acceptable?

Thanks
--
Brian May <[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Tennessee Leeuwenburg-3
Two 15-minute talks is not just possible, but preferred! Please tell him that there is no issue with a 15-minute presentation, and he is welcome to come along and present in March.

Thanks,
-Tennessee

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Brian May <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13 March 2012 12:01, Brian May <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oops. Looks like the 15 minute time slot is already taken. I am
> prepared to do my talk however when there is a timeslot spare (if I
> wasn't clear on this before...)

Hello All,

Andrew Walker has indicated, via private mail, that he is willing to
be flexible on this and either wait a month or reduce his talk to 5
minutes.

As an alternative, would two 15 minute talks be considered acceptable?

Thanks
--
Brian May <[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug



--
--------------------------------------------------
Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/
"Don't believe everything you think"

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Anthony Briggs-3
In reply to this post by Brian May-11
I think two 15 minutes talks is perfectly ok. We don't have a rigid format or anything - it's just a bunch of devs talking in a room :)

Anthony

On 15 March 2012 11:24, Brian May <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13 March 2012 12:01, Brian May <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oops. Looks like the 15 minute time slot is already taken. I am
> prepared to do my talk however when there is a timeslot spare (if I
> wasn't clear on this before...)

Hello All,

Andrew Walker has indicated, via private mail, that he is willing to
be flexible on this and either wait a month or reduce his talk to 5
minutes.

As an alternative, would two 15 minute talks be considered acceptable?

Thanks
--
Brian May <[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug


_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Announcement: Next Meeting is Monday, 5th March

Brian May-11
On 15 March 2012 11:36, Anthony Briggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think two 15 minutes talks is perfectly ok. We don't have a rigid format
> or anything - it's just a bunch of devs talking in a room :)

Ok, good. Updated the wiki.
--
Brian May <[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Loading...