Quantcast

Announcing JupyterCon 2017, August 23-25 in NYC!

Announcing JupyterCon 2017, August 23-25 in NYC!

Fernando Perez
Dear Jupyter Community,

it is my pleasure to announce that this year, we'll be having our first Jupyter community conference, JupyterCon. It will take place in August in NYC:

To accompany the conference launch, Brian and I drafted a little "State of Jupyter" post that we hope you'll find useful:

For JupyterCon, we have partnered with O'Reilly Media, long-time supporters of the project and active publishers in the Python/Data Science space who have extensive experience running conferences. Andrew Odewahn, CTO of O'Reilly and I will be co-chairing the conference, and we hope many of you will be interested in participating with talk proposals, tutorials or attending to engage with your fellow Jupyter users and developers.  We have a great program committee composed of a broad and diverse sample of our community, who will work with you to ensure you have a positive and productive experience submitting and preparing your talks, tutorials and activities.

This is a big milestone for our project, and for me personally: I never imagined a tiny bit of Python config more than fifteen years ago would take us here, and I want to extend my most sincere gratitude to every single one of you who makes this possible.

I also want to thank the entire team at O'Reilly for taking a risk with a project that has never held an event like this, as well as to our funders, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the Helmsley Trust, without whose support we would not be where we are (this conference was in fact part of our current grant deliverables).

Please spread the word, submit a proposal, and join us in NYC so we can have both a great event and a project that continues to grow and contribute to research, education, industry and more!

Very best,

Fernando

Re: Announcing JupyterCon 2017, August 23-25 in NYC!

Steve Holden-5
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Fernando Perez <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is a big milestone for our project, and for me personally: I never imagined a tiny bit of Python config more than fifteen years ago would take us here, and I want to extend my most sincere gratitude to every single one of you who makes this possible.

I feel the same way about PyCon (in which I have played a far less active role than you have with Jupyter). Awesome to see what teams largely composed of volunteers can achieve when they work together!

Many congratulations on this milestone. May there be many more!

Steve Holden

Re: Announcing JupyterCon 2017, August 23-25 in NYC!

denfromufa

I noticed one typo:

At JuypterCon you’ll learn how to weave computation and data into rich, interactive narratives

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Denis Akhiyarov <[hidden email]> wrote:

I noticed one typo:

At JuypterCon you’ll learn how to weave computation and data into rich, interactive narratives

Thanks Denis! We'll fix it :)

Cheers