Anúncio: versão interativa do "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Anúncio: versão interativa do "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

Marco André Lopes Mendes
Olá

Desculpem a postagem cruzada, mas acredito ser de interesse de muitos.
Existe agoa uma versão interativa do livro "How to Think Like a
Computer Scientist". Este é o livro que foi traduzido por membros
dessa lista e recebeu o nome de "Aprenda Computação com Python". Nessa
nova versão você pode editar e executar os códigos do livro no próprio
navegador. O link é o seguinte:

http://thinkcspy.appspot.com/build/index.html

Abaixo, o anúncio completo.

Um abraço

Marco André


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brad Miller <[hidden email]>
Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Subject: [Edu-sig] Announcement: How to Think Like a Computer
Scientist -- Interactive Edition
To: [hidden email]


Hello,
As part of my Sabbatical this past year I've been working on a new
edition of How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (by Elkner et. al)
with my colleague David Ranum.  The idea behind this new edition is to
make it interactive, to encourage students to learn by doing and to
explore.  The three main features we've added to previous editions
are:

Videos:  Each section has (or will have) a 5-10 minute screencast
explaining the written concepts verbally.
Interactive Python interpreter.  Using Skulpt -- an open source
javascript implementation of Python.
Codelens code visualizer -- Based on the Online Python Tutor by Philip
Guo this element allows students to step forward and backward through
the code and to see the values of variables

To make it easy to add these features I wrote 3 new sphinx directives,
so adding the interactive code features is not onerous.  When we
finish our last pass through the book, we'll make all the code
available on bitbucket.
We'll be using this book in our introductory course this fall at
Luther, and adding more videos as we move through the semester.
You can take a look at our work here:  http://thinkcspy.appspot.com
You'll need a gmail account to access the book. You'll also need a
modern browser that supports html5, the interactive features rely
heavily on Javascript and the canvas element.  (Safari, Firefox 6,
Chrome) The reason is that the interactive code allows you to save
your changes and reload them again later.  I've added an
administrative back-end to the book so that we can have students do
homework right in the browser.  I'd love to hear your feedback and
ideas for other interactive features.
Brad
--
Brad Miller
Associate Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

_______________________________________________
Edu-sig mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anúncio: versão interativa do "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

Luciano Ramalho
2011/8/26 Marco André Lopes Mendes <[hidden email]>:

> Desculpem a postagem cruzada, mas acredito ser de interesse de muitos.
> Existe agoa uma versão interativa do livro "How to Think Like a
> Computer Scientist". Este é o livro que foi traduzido por membros
> dessa lista e recebeu o nome de "Aprenda Computação com Python". Nessa
> nova versão você pode editar e executar os códigos do livro no próprio
> navegador. O link é o seguinte:
>
> http://thinkcspy.appspot.com/build/index.html
>
> Abaixo, o anúncio completo.

Sensacional. Grato por compartilhar, Marco!

[ ]s
Luciano


>
> Um abraço
>
> Marco André
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Brad Miller <[hidden email]>
> Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:23 AM
> Subject: [Edu-sig] Announcement: How to Think Like a Computer
> Scientist -- Interactive Edition
> To: [hidden email]
>
>
> Hello,
> As part of my Sabbatical this past year I've been working on a new
> edition of How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (by Elkner et. al)
> with my colleague David Ranum.  The idea behind this new edition is to
> make it interactive, to encourage students to learn by doing and to
> explore.  The three main features we've added to previous editions
> are:
>
> Videos:  Each section has (or will have) a 5-10 minute screencast
> explaining the written concepts verbally.
> Interactive Python interpreter.  Using Skulpt -- an open source
> javascript implementation of Python.
> Codelens code visualizer -- Based on the Online Python Tutor by Philip
> Guo this element allows students to step forward and backward through
> the code and to see the values of variables
>
> To make it easy to add these features I wrote 3 new sphinx directives,
> so adding the interactive code features is not onerous.  When we
> finish our last pass through the book, we'll make all the code
> available on bitbucket.
> We'll be using this book in our introductory course this fall at
> Luther, and adding more videos as we move through the semester.
> You can take a look at our work here:  http://thinkcspy.appspot.com
> You'll need a gmail account to access the book. You'll also need a
> modern browser that supports html5, the interactive features rely
> heavily on Javascript and the canvas element.  (Safari, Firefox 6,
> Chrome) The reason is that the interactive code allows you to save
> your changes and reload them again later.  I've added an
> administrative back-end to the book so that we can have students do
> homework right in the browser.  I'd love to hear your feedback and
> ideas for other interactive features.
> Brad
> --
> Brad Miller
> Associate Professor, Computer Science
> Luther College
>
> _______________________________________________
> Edu-sig mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-sig
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Python-Brasil
> http://www.python.org.br/wiki/AntesDePerguntar
> Links do Yahoo! Grupos
>
>
>



--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer
Twitter: @luciano
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anúncio: versão interativa do "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

Evaldo Junior
Nossa, muito legal. Dá para rodar os exemplos direto no site =)

InFog

Evaldo Junior
CaSoft Tecnologia e Desenvolvimento
+55 13 2138-9525
Site: http://casoft.info
Blog: http://infog.casoft.info


2011/8/26 Luciano Ramalho <[hidden email]>

> **
>
>
> 2011/8/26 Marco André Lopes Mendes <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Desculpem a postagem cruzada, mas acredito ser de interesse de muitos.
> > Existe agoa uma versão interativa do livro "How to Think Like a
> > Computer Scientist". Este é o livro que foi traduzido por membros
> > dessa lista e recebeu o nome de "Aprenda Computação com Python". Nessa
> > nova versão você pode editar e executar os códigos do livro no próprio
> > navegador. O link é o seguinte:
> >
> > http://thinkcspy.appspot.com/build/index.html
> >
> > Abaixo, o anúncio completo.
>
> Sensacional. Grato por compartilhar, Marco!
>
> [ ]s
> Luciano
>
>
> >
> > Um abraço
> >
> > Marco André
> >
> >
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: Brad Miller <[hidden email]>
> > Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:23 AM
> > Subject: [Edu-sig] Announcement: How to Think Like a Computer
> > Scientist -- Interactive Edition
> > To: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> > As part of my Sabbatical this past year I've been working on a new
> > edition of How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (by Elkner et. al)
> > with my colleague David Ranum.  The idea behind this new edition is to
> > make it interactive, to encourage students to learn by doing and to
> > explore.  The three main features we've added to previous editions
> > are:
> >
> > Videos:  Each section has (or will have) a 5-10 minute screencast
> > explaining the written concepts verbally.
> > Interactive Python interpreter.  Using Skulpt -- an open source
> > javascript implementation of Python.
> > Codelens code visualizer -- Based on the Online Python Tutor by Philip
> > Guo this element allows students to step forward and backward through
> > the code and to see the values of variables
> >
> > To make it easy to add these features I wrote 3 new sphinx directives,
> > so adding the interactive code features is not onerous.  When we
> > finish our last pass through the book, we'll make all the code
> > available on bitbucket.
> > We'll be using this book in our introductory course this fall at
> > Luther, and adding more videos as we move through the semester.
> > You can take a look at our work here:  http://thinkcspy.appspot.com
> > You'll need a gmail account to access the book. You'll also need a
> > modern browser that supports html5, the interactive features rely
> > heavily on Javascript and the canvas element.  (Safari, Firefox 6,
> > Chrome) The reason is that the interactive code allows you to save
> > your changes and reload them again later.  I've added an
> > administrative back-end to the book so that we can have students do
> > homework right in the browser.  I'd love to hear your feedback and
> > ideas for other interactive features.
> > Brad
> > --
> > Brad Miller
> > Associate Professor, Computer Science
> > Luther College
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Edu-sig mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-sig
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
>
> >
> > Python-Brasil
> > http://www.python.org.br/wiki/AntesDePerguntar
> > Links do Yahoo! Grupos
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
> Luciano Ramalho
> programador repentista || stand-up programmer
> Twitter: @luciano
>
>  
>


[As partes desta mensagem que não continham texto foram removidas]



------------------------------------

Python-Brasil
http://www.python.org.br/wiki/AntesDePerguntar
Links do Yahoo! Grupos

<*> Para visitar o site do seu grupo na web, acesse:
    http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/python-brasil/

<*> Para sair deste grupo, envie um e-mail para:
    [hidden email]

<*> O uso que você faz do Yahoo! Grupos está sujeito aos:
    http://br.yahoo.com/info/utos.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anúncio: versão interativa do "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

Marco André Lopes Mendes
2011/8/26 Evaldo Junior <[hidden email]>:
> Nossa, muito legal. Dá para rodar os exemplos direto no site =)

Sim, dá pra experimentar os exemplos e ir modificando e vendo o
resultado na hora. Dá até de pensar em ministrar um minicurso usando
este material como apoio.

Será que é complicado de fazer a tradução?

Um abraço

--
Marco André
[hidden email]
http://www.google.com.br/profiles/marcoandre
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anúncio: versão interativa do "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

Leonardo Santagada
2011/8/26 Marco André Lopes Mendes <[hidden email]>:
>> Nossa, muito legal. Dá para rodar os exemplos direto no site =)
>
> Sim, dá pra experimentar os exemplos e ir modificando e vendo o
> resultado na hora. Dá até de pensar em ministrar um minicurso usando
> este material como apoio.

Alguém descobriu qual é o sistema? porque eu não sei.

--
Leonardo Santagada