Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Sebastian Ware
Is it a huge undertaking or is there other reasons that are holding up the process?

Mvh Sebastian

Re: Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Christian Klinger
Hi Sebastian,

i think it's just a matter of doing it. I offer to help where i can...

Christian

> Is it a huge undertaking or is there other reasons that are holding up the process?
>
> Mvh Sebastian

Re: Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Sebastian Ware
I have no idea of what needs to be done, but I have lots of small documentation I would like to add to the community documentation, but I don't want to add it to the Plone site.

Mvh Sebastian

14 sep 2011 kl. 14.06 skrev Christian Klinger:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> i think it's just a matter of doing it. I offer to help where i can...
>
> Christian
>
>> Is it a huge undertaking or is there other reasons that are holding up the process?
>>
>> Mvh Sebastian

Re: Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Christian Klinger
Hi,

i suggest we move the old "grok" plone web-site to old.grok.zope.org,
and use the sphinx site instead. For me it has the main advantage if we
find a bug we will fix it immediatly, because the site is online.

Christian

> I have no idea of what needs to be done, but I have lots of small documentation I would like to add to the community documentation, but I don't want to add it to the Plone site.
>
> Mvh Sebastian
>

> 14 sep 2011 kl. 14.06 skrev Christian Klinger:
>
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> i think it's just a matter of doing it. I offer to help where i can...
>>
>> Christian
>>
>>> Is it a huge undertaking or is there other reasons that are holding up the process?
>>>
>>> Mvh Sebastian

Re: Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Sebastian Ware
Google +1 on that!

Mvh Sebastian

15 sep 2011 kl. 12.02 skrev Christian Klinger:

> Hi,
>
> i suggest we move the old "grok" plone web-site to old.grok.zope.org,
> and use the sphinx site instead. For me it has the main advantage if we
> find a bug we will fix it immediatly, because the site is online.
>
> Christian
>
>> I have no idea of what needs to be done, but I have lots of small documentation I would like to add to the community documentation, but I don't want to add it to the Plone site.
>>
>> Mvh Sebastian
>>

>> 14 sep 2011 kl. 14.06 skrev Christian Klinger:
>>
>>> Hi Sebastian,
>>>
>>> i think it's just a matter of doing it. I offer to help where i can...
>>>
>>> Christian

Re: Any plans to complete the migration of the Plone site to the Sphinx site?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman-3
On 9/15/11 12:02 , Christian Klinger wrote:
> i suggest we move the old "grok" plone web-site to old.grok.zope.org,
> and use the sphinx site instead. For me it has the main advantage if we
> find a bug we will fix it immediatly, because the site is online.

My initial reaction was: "Oh no, we're not ready enough to do that".

Then I thought: "Hmmm, let's do it anyway, it might 'force' us to get
our act together a bit more quickly when it is actually online" :-)

Since I'm not sure yet who to access for DNS changes in the *.zope.org
domain, I propose to do this slightly different:

* step one:

http://grok.zope.org/new ---> points to the "new", Sphinx-bases site.

http://grok.zope.org/ ---> continues to point to the current site.

* step two:

we get together on IRC soonish (I'll start a "doodle"), we agree on what
we need to do to get potential blockers for switching to the sphinx site
out of the way. [1]

* step three:

we do what we need to do to get these blockers resolved.

* step four:

http://grok.zope.org ---> points to the sphinx bases setup

http://grok.zope.org/old ---> continues to point to the plone setup for
while, helping us to migrate interesting content piece by piece.

* step five:

profit? ;)

regards, jw

[1] http://www.doodle.com/wqys4cvk9bs7e9yz