April meetup

Noufal Ibrahim KV

Since there's still time for the meetup, I'd like to start a thread to
discuss if anyone has ideas for a presentation.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on. Include me out. -Samuel Goldwyn

Re: April meetup

Noufal Ibrahim KV

I myself could speak about either pygame (game development in general)
or on the Python C API.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

I distinctly remember forgetting that. -Clara Barton

Re: April meetup

Anand Chitipothu-2
Since there's still time for the meetup, I'd like to start a thread to
> discuss if anyone has ideas for a presentation.

I can talk about how to start a python project. This includes:

* writing setup.py, Makefile, Readme
* setting up virtualenv for the project
* setting up sphinx documentation and hosting it on readthedocs.org
* writing tests and setting up continuous integration using
http://travis-ci.org/
* Making releases and uploading the packages to pypi

Anand

Re: April meetup

Vinayak Hegde-2
Can I vote ? +1 for pygame. Would also like to hear experiences of
people who went to Pycon this month.

-- Vinayak

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I myself could speak about either pygame (game development in general)
> or on the Python C API.
>
> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in
>
> I distinctly remember forgetting that. -Clara Barton

Re: April meetup

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi

   For past two months I am trying to attend bangpypers but
unfortunately I was unable to attend. But this time I will make it, mean
while how long does meet up lasts? If so I can also give some basic demo
on Flask, requests, twitter live streaming etc . . .

 From past two weeks observation can any one share the audience are
beginners, intermediate or advanced python users.

In case time is constraint I will not present this time, next time I can
show demo.

Probably we can watch any one pycon video(Guido's keynote or any other
video).

+1 for Anand's topic.

> Can I vote ? +1 for pygame. Would also like to hear experiences of
> people who went to Pycon this month.
>
> -- Vinayak
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> I myself could speak about either pygame (game development in general)
>> or on the Python C API.
>>
>> --
>> ~noufal
>> http://nibrahim.net.in
>>
>> I distinctly remember forgetting that. -Clara Barton

"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
Regards
Kracekumar.R
www.kracekumar.com

Re: April meetup

Balachandran Sivakumar-2

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I myself could speak about either pygame (game development in general)
> or on the Python C API.

 +1 for both the topics - Python project creation and pygame.

Anand, it would be great if you could demo it with a real world
project, not a hello world project :) But anything would be fine.
Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: [hidden email]
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/

Re: April meetup

Arjun R

Wow amazing topics this time.

+1 - anand

+1 - Python C API

+1 - PyCon
+1 - Flask/Werkzeug or CherryPy??
@krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python. As long as you dont direc

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:02:40 +0530
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [BangPypers] April meetup
>
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I myself could speak about either pygame (game development in general)
> > or on the Python C API.
> >

>  +1 for both the topics - Python project creation and pygame.
>
> Anand, it would be great if you could demo it with a real world
> project, not a hello world project :) But anything would be fine.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Thank you
> Balachandran Sivakumar
>
> Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
>                                                              - Swami Vivekananda
>
> Mail: [hidden email]
> Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/

Re: April meetup

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi

> Wow amazing topics this time.
>
> +1 - anand
>
> +1 - Python C API
>
> +1 - PyCon
> +1 - Flask/Werkzeug or CherryPy??
> @krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python. As long as you dont direc
I will make sure, I keep things very simple.

@arjun:

`As long as you dont direc`

I din get this.

>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:02:40 +0530
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [BangPypers] April meetup
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> I myself could speak about either pygame (game development in general)
>>> or on the Python C API.
>>>
>>   +1 for both the topics - Python project creation and pygame.
>>
>> Anand, it would be great if you could demo it with a real world
>> project, not a hello world project :) But anything would be fine.
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Thank you
>> Balachandran Sivakumar
>>
>> Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
>>                                                               - Swami Vivekananda
>>
>> Mail: [hidden email]
>> Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/

"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
Regards
Kracekumar.R
www.kracekumar.com

Re: April meetup

Arjun R

@krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python. As long as you dont directly go advanced, I guess I can follow.
Sorry for the spamming guys.

> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:04:04 +0530
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [BangPypers] April meetup
>
> Hi
> >

> > Wow amazing topics this time.
> >
> > +1 - anand
> >
> > +1 - Python C API
> >
> > +1 - PyCon
> > +1 - Flask/Werkzeug or CherryPy??
> > @krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python. As long as you dont direc
> I will make sure, I keep things very simple.
>
> @arjun:
>
> `As long as you dont direc`
>
> I din get this.
>

> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:02:40 +0530
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: Re: [BangPypers] April meetup
> >>
> >> Hi,

> >>   +1 for both the topics - Python project creation and pygame.
> >>
> >> Anand, it would be great if you could demo it with a real world
> >> project, not a hello world project :) But anything would be fine.
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thank you
> >> Balachandran Sivakumar
> >>
> >> Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
> >>                                                               - Swami Vivekananda
> >>
> >> Mail: [hidden email]
> >> Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/

> "Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
> Regards
> Kracekumar.R
> www.kracekumar.com

Re: April meetup

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi

> @krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python. As long as you dont directly go advanced, I guess I can follow.

Yes, I will make things simpler.

> Sorry for the spamming guys.
>
>> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:04:04 +0530
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [BangPypers] April meetup
>>
>> Hi
>>>

>>> Wow amazing topics this time.
>>>
>>> +1 - anand
>>>
>>> +1 - Python C API
>>>
>>> +1 - PyCon
>>> +1 - Flask/Werkzeug or CherryPy??
>>> @krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python. As long as you dont direc
>> I will make sure, I keep things very simple.
>>
>> @arjun:
>>
>> `As long as you dont direc`
>>
>> I din get this.

>> --
>> "Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
>> Regards
>> Kracekumar.R
>> www.kracekumar.com

"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
Regards
Kracekumar.R
www.kracekumar.com

Re: April meetup

yeswanth swami
Hi,
I can give an introduction to ZeroMQ asynchronous messaging library if any
one is interested :)

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM, kracethekingmaker <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>

>> @krace I'm a student having only a few project experiences with Python.
>> As long as you dont directly go advanced, I guess I can follow.
>>

> Yes, I will make things simpler.
>
>  Sorry for the spamming guys.
>>
>>  Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:04:04 +0530
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: [BangPypers] April meetup
>>>
>>> Hi

>>> I will make sure, I keep things very simple.
>>>
>>> @arjun:
>>>
>>> `As long as you dont direc`
>>>
>>> I din get this.
>>>

>>>  From: [hidden email]

>>> --
>>> "Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
>>> Regards
>>> Kracekumar.R
>>> www.kracekumar.com

> "Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
> Regards
> Kracekumar.R
> www.kracekumar.com

Yeswanth
http://advencode.wordpress.com/

Re: April meetup

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi
> I can give an introduction to ZeroMQ asynchronous messaging library if any
> one is interested :)

I thought about it but, felt advanced, so ignored, love to hear :)

Vinayak Hegde <[hidden email]> writes:

> Can I vote ? +1 for pygame. Would also like to hear experiences of
> people who went to Pycon this month.

[...]

I think a lot of people are interested in Anand's topic. Perhaps we
should prioritise that and if there's time, I can speak a little about
PyGame.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Our similarities are different. -Dale Berra, son of Yogi

Re: April meetup

kracekumar ramaraju
Yes, +1 .

--
"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
Regards
Kracekumar.R
www.kracekumar.com

Re: April meetup