AttributeError 'QuerySet' object has no attribute '_meta'

AttributeError 'QuerySet' object has no attribute '_meta'

Kean Dumba
Hi,

New to Django but trying to stick with it.

I have created a model form, which creates ok.

I am trying to edit records. I have the following, but keep getting the QuerySet object has no attribute '_meta' in the browser.

my views.py

def editbusiness(request):
data = models.Businessownercreate.objects.all()
if request.method == "POST":
form = forms.Businessownercreate(request.POST, instance=data)
if form.is_valid():
form.save()
return redirect("accounts:editremovebusiness")
else:
form = forms.Businessownercreate(instance=data)
return render(request, 'editbusiness.html', context={ 'form':form })

my forms.py

class Businessownercreate(forms.ModelForm):
class Meta:
model = Businessownercreate
fields = [ "Creator", "Micro_Small_Medium", "Business_Name", "Owner_Firstname",
"Owner_Surname", "Companies_House_Number", "Address_Line_1", "Address_Line_2",
"Town", "City", "County", "Postcode", "Email", "Phone", "Mobile" ]

I'm have defined the meta, so i can't see why the query cant return the objects from the model to the form in this instance.

Please can anyone advise or help?

Best,

AttributeError 'QuerySet' object has no attribute '_meta'

Daniel Roseman-2
You can't pass *all* the objects to the form. You have to get the specific one you want to edit and pass that as the instance.

Re: AttributeError 'QuerySet' object has no attribute '_meta'

Kean Dumba
Ok thanks is there a way to call all objects, as this is more user friendly and efficient when potentially editing many object fields?