Auth and flash

Roodie

Hi,

I am working on a web application at the moment, and I have a question
about the authentication mechanism.
The interface of the application will be a flash app. No page reloading,
no redirects - only a big flash file which will send the requests using
post and get back the responses in a custom XML format.

The question is - how can I log the users in in this case? The
requirement is doing it without reloading the HTML page where the flash
is embedded... SO I have to do it from flash. My only idea is to get /
create sime kind of session identifier and send it back to the flash
client when the login successful, and then check it every time the flash
app sends a new request... Any other ideas, suggestions, links to hidden
documents? :-)

Roodie

Re: Auth and flash

olive-12

This is a question you should also ask to openlaszlo.org users.

Openlaszlo is a framework which helps in building rich Flash GUI in a
XUL fashion.

Re: Auth and flash

Rob Hudson-4

Use an Apache based authentication on that directory?