AutoCompletePlus Extension - some Rope features, self. completion

AutoCompletePlus Extension - some Rope features, self. completion

phelix
Hi!

I made an extension to extend the auto completion. Probably it still has a couple of bugs in it but mostly it works but I want to show you guys early and get some feedback. To be honest, the whole thing was harder than I thought and I had to try some different strategies. Though IDLE is easy to modify/extend there is some tough stuff going on in there.

What does it do?
* It adds auto completion for "self" by adding to the completion list (@Tal: you were right, this is much better). If there is an instance of the class defined it uses that.
* If rope is installed it adds rope completions for the current file. (@Tal: again, thanks for the suggestion)

I still wonder if / how to add rope completion for the whole package. I could probably set the rope project folder to the folder of the current file. An alternative would be to add a magic comment.

Tested quickly with python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, rope 0.9.2

Please check it out at http://10pulse.com/idle/ and let me know what you think.

=Phelix=