Autoreloader looping Django 2.2

Dan-136

I'm using Django 2.2 on a new project and suddenly the autoreloader is looping when I change a file

DEBUG:

/urls.py. is_changed: False, is_new: True

/urls.py previous mtime: None, current mtime: 1556221457.0

/urls.py notified as changed. Signal results: [(<function translation_file_changed at 0x7fd933e05d90>, None)].

/urls.py changed, reloading

It says the file is new but it was just changed - it refers to translation_file_changed but I have no translation files in my project.

My project is on a virtualbox shared folder, if I start a new project from scratch it works ok and previous versions of Django work fine.

I tried using watchman + pywatchman and it doesn't seem to work at all, I dont think it works with shared virtualbox folders.

Is there anyway I can get this working with 2.2 can I use the old reloader or do I need to revert to 2.1?

Re: Autoreloader looping Django 2.2

Ramiro Morales-2
Hi Dan,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:00 AM Dan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Can you try the stable/2.2.x git branch? it contains a couple of post-2.1 fixes to the reloading code which will get released as 2.2.1 in a few days AFAIK..

Also, is the folder  where urls-py is located shared between the host and the VM in some way? What file system type is the host using?

--
Ramiro Morales
@ramiromorales

Re: Autoreloader looping Django 2.2

Dan-136
Hi Ramiro

Thanks for answering.

Tried stable 2.2.1 and it looks like it is working ok now.

The folder is a virtualbox shared folder, shared from an osx host.

Thanks for your help!

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 12:33:58 AM UTC+2, Ramiro Morales wrote:
Hi Dan,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:00 AM Dan <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="tufwhvEwAgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">dan...@...> wrote: