Barry Feigenbaum article

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
As I was going through the website materials, I noticed the large 2
part tutorial (almost a book) by Barry Feigenbaum.  I think this
article deserves much more prominent placement on the website.  Does
anyone know exactly how the site got these PDF's?  What are we legally
allowed to do with them?

-Frank

Re: Barry Feigenbaum article

Kent Johnson
Frank Wierzbicki wrote:
> As I was going through the website materials, I noticed the large 2
> part tutorial (almost a book) by Barry Feigenbaum.  I think this
> article deserves much more prominent placement on the website.  Does
> anyone know exactly how the site got these PDF's?  What are we legally
> allowed to do with them?

I suspect it is this developerWorks tutorial but I haven't registered to confirm the guess.
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/edu/j-dw-java-jython1-i.html?S_TACT=104AHW02

Kent

--
http://www.kentsjohnson.com

RE: Barry Feigenbaum article

cupdike
I was the one responsible for getting them added to the
site.  I had to contact Barry and get permission and
attribution requirements so they could be hosted
directly from the jython website (no developerworks
login required).  Basically, the only requirement was
that we had to display the notice "First published by
IBM developerWorks at http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/."
I was greatful IBM made it that easy.

Here was my original post:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8079794

-Clark

Clark,

Cool!  Thanks for the update and thanks for getting the permission in
the first place.  I think as I work on moving some of the content
around I'll display this article much more prominently.  It seems a
little buried in the news section.

Thanks,

-Frank

On 11/15/05, Updike, Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was the one responsible for getting them added to the
> site.  I had to contact Barry and get permission and
> attribution requirements so they could be hosted
> directly from the jython website (no developerworks
> login required).  Basically, the only requirement was
> that we had to display the notice "First published by
> IBM developerWorks at http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/."
> I was greatful IBM made it that easy.
>
> Here was my original post:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8079794
>
> -Clark

Sean McGrath
Frank Wierzbicki wrote:

>As I was going through the website materials, I noticed the large 2
>part tutorial (almost a book) by Barry Feigenbaum.  I think this
>article deserves much more prominent placement on the website.  Does
>anyone know exactly how the site got these PDF's?  What are we legally
>allowed to do with them?

This rings a bell. As far as I can recall I grabbed the PDFs which (I
think) were freely available on developerworks but difficult to
locate...I think. It was Oct 2004
(http://seanmcgrath.blogspot.com/2004_10_24_seanmcgrath_archive.html#109895596304446668).

I cannot recall how I found out about them. It may have been that Mr.
Feigenbaum pointed me at them. Sorry. Memory fails me. Best to contact
Mr. Feigenbaum.

Sean