Baypiggies take over Silicon Valley Python Meet-Up?

Baypiggies take over Silicon Valley Python Meet-Up?

Joe Barnhart
I'm a lurker on the Baypiggies list and a member of the S.V. Python meet-up group.  I just wanted to let everyone know the Meet-up group has lost its leader and will be disbanded if nobody steps up to claim it.  It seems to me the meet-up group would make a nice vehicle for the Baypiggies.  The interface and scheduling is pretty nice, and it make a nice complement to the mailing list.

-- Joe Barnhart

Re: Baypiggies take over Silicon Valley Python Meet-Up?

Glen Jarvis
I already pay as a MeetUp organizer. I could step up as organizer and then keep this in sync with BayPIGgies (if that's what the audience wants).

Glen

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Joe Barnhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm a lurker on the Baypiggies list and a member of the S.V. Python meet-up group.  I just wanted to let everyone know the Meet-up group has lost its leader and will be disbanded if nobody steps up to claim it.  It seems to me the meet-up group would make a nice vehicle for the Baypiggies.  The interface and scheduling is pretty nice, and it make a nice complement to the mailing list.

-- Joe Barnhart

Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.

-- Goethe

Re: Baypiggies take over Silicon Valley Python Meet-Up?

Brent Tubbs
Very good of you to volunteer, Glen.  +1 here.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Glen Jarvis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I already pay as a MeetUp organizer. I could step up as organizer and then
> keep this in sync with BayPIGgies (if that's what the audience wants).
> Glen
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Joe Barnhart <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm a lurker on the Baypiggies list and a member of the S.V. Python
>> meet-up group.  I just wanted to let everyone know the Meet-up group has
>> lost its leader and will be disbanded if nobody steps up to claim it.  It
>> seems to me the meet-up group would make a nice vehicle for the Baypiggies.
>>  The interface and scheduling is pretty nice, and it make a nice complement
>> to the mailing list.
>> http://www.meetup.com/silicon-valley-python/
>> -- Joe Barnhart

> Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
> least.
>
> -- Goethe

Re: Baypiggies take over Silicon Valley Python Meet-Up?

Simeon Franklin
+1. I joined the SV Python Meetup group to see locations and past
meetups - they have 40 members on the list but have only met a few
times. I'd encourage you to step up as organizer and see if there are
any objections to on their part to updating the Meetup with Baypiggies
events...

-regards
Simeon Franklin

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Brent Tubbs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very good of you to volunteer, Glen.  +1 here.
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Glen Jarvis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I already pay as a MeetUp organizer. I could step up as organizer and then
>> keep this in sync with BayPIGgies (if that's what the audience wants).
>> Glen
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Joe Barnhart <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm a lurker on the Baypiggies list and a member of the S.V. Python
>>> meet-up group.  I just wanted to let everyone know the Meet-up group has
>>> lost its leader and will be disbanded if nobody steps up to claim it.  It
>>> seems to me the meet-up group would make a nice vehicle for the Baypiggies.
>>>  The interface and scheduling is pretty nice, and it make a nice complement
>>> to the mailing list.
>>> http://www.meetup.com/silicon-valley-python/
>>> -- Joe Barnhart

>> --
>> Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
>> least.
>>
>> -- Goethe

Re: Baypiggies take over Silicon Valley Python Meet-Up?

Glen Jarvis
I have stepped up as meeting organizer, scheduled the meeting for our next BayPIGgies meeting, and have invited all.

To help encourage more of our neighbor pythonistas to join us, sign-up to show that you're attending:

Cheers,