Be aware that the BayPIGgies list is being publicly mirrored

Be aware that the BayPIGgies list is being publicly mirrored

Stephen McInerney

Not sure people are aware of this (I wasn't), but I just found out all the
list messages since Apr 2005 are archived and publicly viewable at:
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.org.baypiggies/

Something you might like to keep in mind.

Regards,
Stephen

Re: Be aware that the BayPIGgies list is being publicly mirrored

Danny Yoo

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Stephen McInerney wrote:

> Not sure people are aware of this (I wasn't), but I just found out all
> the list messages since Apr 2005 are archived and publicly viewable at:
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.org.baypiggies/

Hi Stephen (and Lars from gmane),

The gmane folks did ask us to do this a while back; I can't remember when
they started archiving the list, but I recall that they did ask first
before doing it.

It may even be a good service that they're doing, as we haven't yet
migrated the old archives of the list onto:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/baypiggies/

(I'm trying to get a copy of this now; will hear from her later this week
hopefully.  Aahz, do you have a copy of the archives?)

Anyway, I'm not sure who was the point-person for keeping us archived in
gmane.  Someone should send a ping off to them so that they know that the
email address of the list has changed, just in case.  I guess I'll do that
if it hasn't been done already.  *grin*
---

Lars, our 'baypiggies' mailing list has shifted to a new email server on
python.org; its information can be found here:

Just wanted to give a heads up on this; Aahz has migrate all our existing
list members over to this new list, so perhaps there's nothing that you
need to do on your end.

Re: Be aware that the BayPIGgies list is being publicly mirrored

Aahz
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005, Danny Yoo wrote:

> (I'm trying to get a copy of this now; will hear from her later this week
> hopefully.  Aahz, do you have a copy of the archives?)

Nope.  I considered the archives the lowest priority of all move-related
issues, and I chose to put no effort into it.

Side note to Stephen: there was some discussion about Gmane back when
the archiving was started -- I was the only one who raised any concerns.
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Don't listen to schmucks on USENET when making legal decisions.  Hire
yourself a competent schmuck."  --USENET schmuck (aka Robert Kern)