Quantcast

Bind Cherrypy process to a specific core

Bind Cherrypy process to a specific core

Khaoz-2
Hi.

I was reading the history of this group and read that to scale out Cherrypy, it's a good practice to start one process per core and adjust the thread number.

Do you guys bind each process to a specific core using a tool like taskset (Linux) or just start the required process and let to the S.O. decide what to do ?

Thank you.

Re: Bind Cherrypy process to a specific core

Andrew Maizels
I've found it best to use a server like Gunicorn or uWSGI.  You write and test your application using CherryPy's built-in server, and when you're ready to build you can fire it up under one of these servers with no code changes, just a littler wrapper routine.

I like uWSGI the best; it's fast, very flexible, but also easy to use.  And while you can install it with pip, it also supports Ruby, PHP, Java, and other languages.

uWSGI will start up the processes for you, distribute requests, handle logging, and restart the workers if they die for any reason, so you don't need to worry about any of that stuff.

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Giuliani Sanches <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

I was reading the history of this group and read that to scale out Cherrypy, it's a good practice to start one process per core and adjust the thread number.

Do you guys bind each process to a specific core using a tool like taskset (Linux) or just start the required process and let to the S.O. decide what to do ?

Thank you.

Ahh... We are all heroes; you and Boo and I.
Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
Read Peopleware! http://www.amazon.com/Peopleware-Productive-Projects-Teams-Second/dp/0932633439