[BrightonPy] Higher Performance Computing with Python

[BrightonPy] Higher Performance Computing with Python

Jamie Matthews
Hi all, our next meeting is on Tuesday the 12th July:

"This will be a 30 minute summary of Ian's EuroPython tutorial aimed
at making CPU-bound tasks run faster on Python. The talk will start by
looking at several profiling techniques (equally useful for web-based
and I/O bound tasks too!) and then move on to C compilation (Cython,
ShedSkin), multiprocessing and multi-computer processing with a quick
look at CUDA-based processing and PyPy at the end. The goal will be to
show you a number of techniques to make CPU-bound processes run faster
on 1 or many machines."

http://brightonpy.org/meetings/2011-07-12/

Cheers

Jamie