CS teaching approaches

roberto-3
hello,
i will start introductory CS courses for middle school students (age 10 -13);
i will mainly make use of logo-like languages and approaches, Turtle
Art among a couple of others;
i'd like to ask if you know which the most widespread approaches to CS
teaching are today for young students, or if someone has collected on
the web a simple classification among different approaches, showing
similarities and differences;
i'd like to let students taste something new and then report back to
you the result of the courses

thank you very much in advance
--
roberto

Re: CS teaching approaches

Michael H. Goldwasser
Hi Roberto,

Although I know you've sent this question to a Python mailing list,
and I am a fan of Python in general, I'd strongly recommend using
Scratch as a first language for that age group.

It includes Turtle Art functionality, but so much more as well.  See
http://scratch.mit.edu for details, and they even have an educators
forum at http://scratched.media.mit.edu.

With regard,
Michael