Can pyblosxom do modular privacy with OpenID, sub-blogs, RSS customization and multilingual support?

Can pyblosxom do modular privacy with OpenID, sub-blogs, RSS customization and multilingual support?

Alex Santos
I'm considering which software to use for a blog that I would like to
install in a personal home server (synology), and I was wondering
whether pyblosxom could fit my needs. Here are my requirements:

- Language management: I'll be writing in different languages, and
some entries would be translated in different languages, not always
the same. Blog readers should be able to select which languages they
can/wish to read. For instance, if they chose English, then all
entries which have English translation would appear in English, the
remaining appearing in whatever language they were written, or not at
all. Perhaps this could be implemented as some CSS option or
javascript?

- RSS customization: the blog will broach different subjects. I would
like the users to be able to customize a RSS syndication which
corresponds to their interests, so that the signal to noise ratio in
their RSS readers remains bearable. This should probably work with a
"Categoriy" or "Tag" system. Does any pybloxsom user have an idea on
how that could be implemented using this engine?

- sub-blogs: I would like to have sub-blogs with their own url, which
would present a subset of the blog entries. For instance my blog could
deal with politics, sports, and myLife, and I could produce the
following blog urls: blog.mydomain.tld (shows everything),
opinions.mydomain.tld (shows only the politics related posts),
sports.mydomain.tld (all entries dedicated to sports). I would also
like to theme differently those sub-blogs (i.e. a ball picture for
sports.mydomain.tld, etc).

- modular privacy + OpenID: my intended audience is heterogeneous
(family, sets of friends, the internet), and I would like to be able
to limit access to certain entries to different subsets of users. To
me, the most obvious way to do this would be to define users with a
login and password. I would then pool them into groups, and define for
each entry if it is private, and if so which groups can read it. I do
not necessarily want to share the same things between my neighbors and
my school friends.

That also brings the issue of RSS syndication: either each user would
have its how RSS thread, or then RSS could be category specific and
the private entries would appear without content. Perhaps other
possibilities exist.

One way to implement modular privacy could be based on OpenID. I like
the Stack Overflow login system (check this screen capture of it:
http://nsa20.casimages.com/img/2010/12/19/101219101041560868.png),
because most readers already have an OpenID, and in any case do not
need to create a specific one for my blog.

So ideally my pyblosxom configuration should be hable to get OpenIDs,
pool them into sets of users, and and output filtered entries
depending on which group does the openid belong to.

Do the pyblosxom users think this set of requirements could be
satisfied with pyblsxom and its plugins, or at least with reasonnable
amounts of tweaking (I do not have the time or expertise to generate
an completely new blogging platform).