Quantcast

Can't Import libxml2

brown wrap
I am trying to compile a program, gnome-doc-utils and its producing an error saying it can't import libxml2:

ImportError: No module named libxml2

I have installed the following Python module, so I don't know why it can't find it.

PyXML-0.8.4

PyXML seems to be fairly old and is says it is no long maintained. Is there a replacement? Thanks.

Re: Can't Import libxml2

Stefan Behnel-3
brown wrap, 14.03.2010 01:40:
> I am trying to compile a program, gnome-doc-utils and its producing an error saying it can't import libxml2:
>
> ImportError: No module named libxml2
>
> I have installed the following Python module, so I don't know why it can't find it.
>
> PyXML-0.8.4
>
> PyXML seems to be fairly old and is says it is no long maintained. Is there a replacement? Thanks.

The libxml2 module has nothing to do with PyXML. Just install the libxml2
Python bindings, look out for a python-libxml2 package.

Stefan