Can't access grok on my server :-(

MarcelK
I have successfully installed grok 1.4 on my Debian Lenny 10 vserver, that I am administrating via ispCP. I created a new grok project "project at "/var/www/project/myproject/"
I have opened Port 8080 for Zope, and the the grok instance is booting up at port 8080 without any problems.

BUT:

I can't access the grok interface via http://myserver.com:8080 from my browser (Page does not exist) :-(

Is there any modification I have to do on the Apache2 server to access grok via browser? (Think it is empy by default) Any special changes on the deploy.ini needed? Anyone got a example of his configuration I can start up with?

Thanks for you Help

Re: Can't access grok on my server :-(

Christian Klinger
Hi,

i think the ip address is binded on 127.0.0.1 (localhost).
You can change this in buildout.cfg from:

host = 127.0.0.1

host = 0.0.0.0

rerun buildout and it should work.

Christian

> I have successfully installed grok 1.4 on my Debian Lenny 10 vserver, that I
> am administrating via ispCP. I created a new grok project "project at
> "/var/www/project/myproject/"
> I have opened Port 8080 for Zope, and the the grok instance is booting up at
> port 8080 without any problems.
>
> BUT:
>
> I can't access the grok interface via http://myserver.com:8080 from my
> browser (Page does not exist) :-(
>
> Is there any modification I have to do on the Apache2 server to access grok
> via browser? (Think it is empy by default) Any special changes on the
> deploy.ini needed? Anyone good a example of his configuration I can start up
> with?
>
> Thanks for you Help

Re: Can't access grok on my server :-(

Uli Fouquet
Hi there,

Am Samstag, den 19.11.2011, 08:16 -0800 schrieb Marcel Klapschus:

> I have successfully installed grok 1.4 on my Debian Lenny 10 vserver, that I
> am administrating via ispCP. I created a new grok project "project at
> "/var/www/project/myproject/"
> I have opened Port 8080 for Zope, and the the grok instance is booting up at
> port 8080 without any problems.
>
> BUT:
>
> I can't access the grok interface via http://myserver.com:8080 from my
> browser (Page does not exist) :-(
>
> Is there any modification I have to do on the Apache2 server to access grok
> via browser? (Think it is empy by default) Any special changes on the
> deploy.ini needed? Anyone good a example of his configuration I can start up
> with?
You don't have to route Grok through apache. If you want Apache to
listen on port 8080 you certainly need some additional setup.

But is your grok instance running at 127.0.0.1:8080 or at 0.0.0.0:8080?

If it is 127.0.0.1:8080 you won't be able to access the instance from
remote. You then have to edit etc/debug.ini.in and/or etc/deploy.ini.in.
In these config files set 'host' to 0.0.0.0, rerun bin/buildout and
restart.

Please note, that this will open your grok instance to everybody on
the net. You might want to change the manager password before.

Best regards,

--
Uli

Re: Can't access grok on my server :-(

MarcelK
Thank you so much Christian and Uli. I spent hours to find out what could be wrong. That simple thing was exactly what has caused the trouble.

:-)

Christian Klinger wrote