Quantcast

CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Christoph Zwerschke
TurboGears users just found a problem with cookies in CherryPy 2.3.0
with Python 2.5. I know CherryPy 2.3.0 is an outdated version, but
unfortunately the stable TurboGears 1.x branch is still using it, and
we want to publish a bugfix release for that branch (TurboGears 1.5
will use CherryPy 3.x and TurboGears 2.x is based on Pylons).

I have already submitted a patch at http://www.cherrypy.org/ticket/995.
Any changes that there will be a CherryPy 2.3.1 bugfix release? If you
are not willing to do it, can I do it and upload it to PyPI?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cherrypy-devel" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy-devel?hl=en.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

fetchinson .
> TurboGears users just found a problem with cookies in CherryPy 2.3.0
> with Python 2.5. I know CherryPy 2.3.0 is an outdated version, but
> unfortunately the stable TurboGears 1.x branch is still using it, and
> we want to publish a bugfix release for that branch (TurboGears 1.5
> will use CherryPy 3.x and TurboGears 2.x is based on Pylons).
>
> I have already submitted a patch at http://www.cherrypy.org/ticket/995.
> Any changes that there will be a CherryPy 2.3.1 bugfix release? If you
> are not willing to do it, can I do it and upload it to PyPI?

If we are at it some python 2.6 deprecation warnings could also be
fixed. These are all related to the sha/md5 modules and are very easy
to fix: with python 2.6 hashlib should be used instaed.

Cheers,
Daniel



--
Psss, psss, put it down! - http://www.cafepress.com/putitdown

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cherrypy-devel" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy-devel?hl=en.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Robert Brewer-4
In reply to this post by Christoph Zwerschke
Christoph wrote:
> TurboGears users just found a problem with cookies in CherryPy 2.3.0
> with Python 2.5. I know CherryPy 2.3.0 is an outdated version, but
> unfortunately the stable TurboGears 1.x branch is still using it, and
> we want to publish a bugfix release for that branch (TurboGears 1.5
> will use CherryPy 3.x and TurboGears 2.x is based on Pylons).
>
> I have already submitted a patch at http://www.cherrypy.org/ticket/995.
> Any chance that there will be a CherryPy 2.3.1 bugfix release? If you
> are not willing to do it, can I do it and upload it to PyPI?

The patch looks fine, but we're not supporting 2.x anymore. I'd be OK
with you taking over the 2.x line if you need improvements for TG;
come talk to me on IRC and I'll get you set up.


Robert Brewer
[hidden email]

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cherrypy-devel" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy-devel?hl=en.


winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Felix Schwarz

Am 16.03.2010 18:21, schrieb Robert Brewer:
> The patch looks fine, but we're not supporting 2.x anymore. I'd be OK
> with you taking over the 2.x line if you need improvements for TG;
> come talk to me on IRC and I'll get you set up.

I talked to Robert and became maintainer for 2.3.x instantly.

To introduce myself, I'm a software developer (Python, trac, TurboGears1) and
consultant (scrum, extreme programming, agile/lean). Furthermore I'm a package
maintainer for Fedora and Fedora EPEL (CentOS/RHEL). In Fedora we'll ship
cherrypy 2.3 for the foreseeable future to support TurboGears 1.x.

I'd like to do some janitorial work on the 2.3.x branch which means security
fixes and compatibility updates (Python 2.x). No new features.

If you have any patches for 2.3.x, please file a ticket for milestone 2.3.1.
Patches will be reviewed+tested.

Have fun,
fs


smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Christoph Zwerschke
Am 29.03.2010 22:27 schrieb Felix Schwarz:
> I'd like to do some janitorial work on the 2.3.x branch which means
> security fixes and compatibility updates (Python 2.x). No new features.

That's great, so I don't need to care any more. I'll look if I can
provide any other patches this week.

-- Christoph

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cherrypy-devel" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy-devel?hl=en.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Felix Schwarz
Am 29.03.2010 23:14, schrieb Christoph Zwerschke:
> Am 29.03.2010 22:27 schrieb Felix Schwarz:
>> I'd like to do some janitorial work on the 2.3.x branch which means
>> security fixes and compatibility updates (Python 2.x). No new features.
>
> That's great, so I don't need to care any more. I'll look if I can
> provide any other patches this week.

Looking forward to all patches. Please file tickets for a structured
discussion/review :-)

For all those curious minds: I'll use a bitbucket patch queue to track/refine
patches before I'll apply them.
http://www.bitbucket.org/felixschwarz/cp2-candidates/overview/

fs


smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

fetchinson .
In reply to this post by Felix Schwarz
On 3/29/10, Felix Schwarz <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> I talked to Robert and became maintainer for 2.3.x instantly.
>
> To introduce myself, I'm a software developer (Python, trac, TurboGears1)
> and
> consultant (scrum, extreme programming, agile/lean). Furthermore I'm a
> package
> maintainer for Fedora and Fedora EPEL (CentOS/RHEL). In Fedora we'll ship
> cherrypy 2.3 for the foreseeable future to support TurboGears 1.x.
>
> I'd like to do some janitorial work on the 2.3.x branch which means security
> fixes and compatibility updates (Python 2.x). No new features.
>
> If you have any patches for 2.3.x, please file a ticket for milestone 2.3.1.
> Patches will be reviewed+tested.

This is great news for tg1 (and cherrypy as well)!

I'll put together patches as soon as I can to get rid of python 2.6
deprecation warnings that are related to sha/hashlib.

Thanks for doing this!

Daniel



--
Psss, psss, put it down! - http://www.cafepress.com/putitdown

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cherrypy-devel" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy-devel?hl=en.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

Felix Schwarz
Am 30.03.2010 13:29, schrieb Daniel Fetchinson:
> I'll put together patches as soon as I can to get rid of python 2.6
> deprecation warnings that are related to sha/hashlib.

Please have a look at my patch queue:
http://www.bitbucket.org/felixschwarz/cp2-candidates/

In Fedora we have these patches already so they'll end up very likely in 2.3.1.

fs


smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CherryPy 2.3.x bugfix release?

fetchinson .
>> I'll put together patches as soon as I can to get rid of python 2.6
>> deprecation warnings that are related to sha/hashlib.
>
> Please have a look at my patch queue:
> http://www.bitbucket.org/felixschwarz/cp2-candidates/
>
> In Fedora we have these patches already so they'll end up very likely in
> 2.3.1.

Great, I didn't realize that you have these patches already.
Can't wait for cp 2.3.1 and the new tg1 release based on cp 2.3.1!

Cheers,
Daniel



--
Psss, psss, put it down! - http://www.cafepress.com/putitdown

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cherrypy-devel" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy-devel?hl=en.

Loading...