Cherrypy latency with long cookie values

Cherrypy latency with long cookie values

Petros
Hi all,

I am using cherrypy in a project and I noticed that when I fire multiple requests from a script, there is an increasing latency in the response times BUT this only happens when I pass a 348 chars long cookie.
With shorted cookie value or no cookies latency is decreasing.

Any idea what maybe the problem? Please note that this behavior is not noticed when using paste or waitress servers.

Thanks!

Re: Cherrypy latency with long cookie values

Michiel Overtoom

Hi,

> On 2018-02-23, at 15:17, Petros <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I noticed that when I fire multiple requests from a script, there is an increasing latency in the response times BUT this only happens when I pass a 348 chars long cookie. With shorted cookie value or no cookies latency is decreasing. Any idea what maybe the problem?

Do you have a minimal example app (and driver script) which demonstrates this problem? I'd like to reproduce it.

Greetings,

--
There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." - Jeff Atwood

Re: Cherrypy latency with long cookie values

Petros
Hi Michiel,

Yes, please find attached a server using bottlepy and a script for firing multiple requests.

You can try to use longer cookies to see how the response time increases and how this is not observed using one of the other servers, paste or waitress.

Thanks.

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 11:10:49 AM UTC+2, Michiel Overtoom wrote:

Hi,

> On 2018-02-23, at 15:17, Petros <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="z64PruGQAwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">moyseos...@...> wrote:
>
> I noticed that when I fire multiple requests from a script, there is an increasing latency in the response times BUT this only happens when I pass a 348 chars long cookie. With shorted cookie value or no cookies latency is decreasing. Any idea what maybe the problem?

Do you have a minimal example app (and driver script) which demonstrates this problem? I'd like to reproduce it.

Greetings,

--
There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." - Jeff Atwood

server_bottle.py (283 bytes) Download Attachment
multiple_reqs_thread.py (1K) Download Attachment