Compiling xib files with py2app

Orien Madgwick-2
Hi,
I'm having difficulty compiling xib files when packaging a python
application with py2app 0.6.2. I haven't been able to find any
documentation on how this should work but my expectation is that if I
declare the xib file in the data_files section of my setup.py then it
should be converted to a nib file and included in the application
package. Is this a correct expectation? The behaviour I'm seeing is
the xib file is simply copied to the application package without
processing. Any help on the correct way to approach this would be great.

--
Orien

Re: Compiling xib files with py2app

Orien Madgwick-2

On 23/04/2011, at 12:50 AM, Orien Madgwick wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having difficulty compiling xib files when packaging a python
> application with py2app 0.6.2. I haven't been able to find any
> documentation on how this should work but my expectation is that if
> I declare the xib file in the data_files section of my setup.py then
> it should be converted to a nib file and included in the application
> package. Is this a correct expectation? The behaviour I'm seeing is
> the xib file is simply copied to the application package without
> processing. Any help on the correct way to approach this would be
> great.
>
> --
> Orien

Sorry everyone,
I was actually attempting to post on the pythonmac-sig as it's the
more appropriate place for such a question. This is just one more
example showing I'm to old to be messing around after midnight :-S

I've reposted on that list, sorry about the double up.

--
Orien