Computational Math Wiki

Phil Wagner-2
Some have been sending me emails asking if something is ok to put on the Wiki. While I started the page, I don't want to give the impression that I am in charge of it (I don't have the time to be a fulltime Wiki Editor). I really want to open this up so feel free to add anything awesome to the site! All I ask on the site is that you don't change the main page (unless you have a suggestion or a link to add) and other people's pages (without their permission).

I am so excited that the community is rallying around this. I hope this will be come an incredible resource for educators and demonstrate the importance of what we are trying to accomplish.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support, I am so excited to be a part of this.

Phil

Re: Computational Math Wiki

kirby urner-4
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Phil Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support, I am so excited to be a part of this.

Phil
[hidden email]

Director Mackintosh congratulates our community for over 1000 hits on Python Tutorials already (and counting).

That's small potatoes if you're a major news site, but it's more than a lot of published journal articles might get.  Hooray for open source curriculum materials.

I've been sharing news of Think Python with an Indonesian technicon, thanks to students wanting more Python.  State University of Surabaya.

http://groups.google.com/group/freecomputerbooks/web/think-python-an-introduction-to-software-design-2008-2009-allen-b-downey

Kirby