Configuration bare bone example

Jack Eisenbach-2
I have been using Cherrypy for over 10 years on more than 5 projects. To this day,  I ALWAYS get tripped up with the configuration. Can you please provide a bare bones example of a simple page with some text that is modified with a style.css file from the directory /static/css and also display a Jpg picture from /statc/images directory?
I always waste more than 3 days fumbling with the conf settings prior to calling the quickstart function. A barebones reference example would really help.
I always read and re-read the cherrypy.pdf document but it never seems to help.
Thanks much!
Jack