Considering IronPython for new project

Demon
Hello,

We are considering IronPython for a new automation infrastructure project; it will not be used to write automated tests though.

I wasn't aware that MS bailed on the Irons (back at 2010) until a few days ago, this will probably hurt my arguments, let alone other chatter on the web saying that nobody uses these languages aside from the former teams at MS.

For now, the most compelling argument to use IPy over C# is convenience (not having to compile and distribute), although at the cost of few other people learning to use it.

I know static compilation is over rated, but some think it’s very important, sadly I don’t remember being able to run PyChecker/PyLint/PyFlakes with IronPython, and since it’s going be using a lot of .net libraries I don’t see how I can use CPython to run those.

Lastly, I’m concerned about future support, again for what I’ve managed  to gather in the last few days.

Can anyone please enlighten me on any of my points?

Regards.