Controlling LED lights with Python & Flash

Controlling LED lights with Python & Flash

John Burger
This Python project might interest you guys
http://code.google.com/p/abslabs/

With it I have been able to control my RGB LED lights with Python
scripts, which has been incredibly fun. Still I can only imagine how
much better it would be do some dynamic UI with a Flash front end.

My question to you PyAMF gurus is
what is a good way to very simply broadcast UDP packets to a local
IP from Flash? This script here is basically what I am
trying to make available to Flash:
http://code.google.com/p/abslabs/source/browse/trunk/lightUtil.py

Do I need to run CherryPy or Twisted to create a local server that
talks to Flash? I'm a bit confused that step

Re: Controlling LED lights with Python & Flash

Jesse Warden-2
Most Flash API's all use TCP/IP, not UDP. The new rtmfp protocol will do UDP, but I believe that's Flash Media Server only; not sure if the Red5 guys have managed to open source that protocol for non-FMS use yet.

Now regular ole binary TCP/IP socket, sure, use flash.net.Socket.  For old school text, use XMLSocket.  Check it:

http://blog.flairpy.com/?p=21

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 3:44 AM, John Burger <[hidden email]> wrote:
This Python project might interest you guys
http://code.google.com/p/abslabs/

With it I have been able to control my RGB LED lights with Python
scripts, which has been incredibly fun. Still I can only imagine how
much better it would be do some dynamic UI with a Flash front end.

My question to you PyAMF gurus is
what is a good way to very simply broadcast UDP packets to a local
IP from Flash? This script here is basically what I am
trying to make available to Flash:
http://code.google.com/p/abslabs/source/browse/trunk/lightUtil.py

Do I need to run CherryPy or Twisted to create a local server that
talks to Flash? I'm a bit confused that step

Re: Controlling LED lights with Python & Flash

KieraAboudi
This post was updated on .
Is it worth buying one?led strip lighting

Any advice or personal experiences welcome, thank you.

It's just, i don't wanna buy them and then couple weeks later im realizing they are not good, and not very powerfull.

Do 12v led light bars
 require them to be left on for longer or even left on permanent?
Are high density led stripvery good? are they as good as fluorescent or filament grow lamps?