Convert Excel code to Python

BIJAL MANIAR

Hi,

There is an old application in Excel where macros are coded in VBScript and there is both frontend (forms) and backend in Excel. Need to replicate it as a web application (Python, Django, React). From scratch, have to build it in python.
I have checked vb2py library is there for code conversion but it has limitations. Can anyone please guide me if any tools are available to convert code from vbscript to python?

Thanks,
Bijal

Re: Convert Excel code to Python

Jason-6
Are you able to write the code yourself?  Might be better that way.

Re: Convert Excel code to Python

RM T

Use third-party libraries
在 2018年1月9日星期二 UTC+8下午9:15:55,BIJAL MANIAR写道:

Hi,

There is an old application in Excel where macros are coded in VBScript and there is both frontend (forms) and backend in Excel. Need to replicate it as a web application (Python, Django, React). From scratch, have to build it in python.
I have checked vb2py library is there for code conversion but it has limitations. Can anyone please guide me if any tools are available to convert code from vbscript to python?

Thanks,
Bijal

Re: Convert Excel code to Python

John Fabiani
There are several libs available that deal with excel.  I normally just use xlwt.  But, if memory serves, xlwing does something with vba.

I've never used xlwing so I might completely wrong.  Either way check out all the python libs for excel.
Johnf

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 4:27 PM, RM T <[hidden email]> wrote:

Use third-party libraries
在 2018年1月9日星期二 UTC+8下午9:15:55,BIJAL MANIAR写道:

Hi,

There is an old application in Excel where macros are coded in VBScript and there is both frontend (forms) and backend in Excel. Need to replicate it as a web application (Python, Django, React). From scratch, have to build it in python.
I have checked vb2py library is there for code conversion but it has limitations. Can anyone please guide me if any tools are available to convert code from vbscript to python?

Thanks,
Bijal

Re: Convert Excel code to Python

BIJAL MANIAR

Thanks all for reply.
Since it is an old application there is no documentation for it. I will have to do Reverse Engineering by looking at vbscript code and gathering requirements.
Total there are 40 screens. A single form has 20-30 input parameters to select from and generate output depending on that. There are validation for combination of few input parameters as well. I can code in python but want some suggestion on approach to be followed.

I know fully automated tools are not available. Has anyone used vb2py or any such libraries for such requirement and how accurate it was?

Thanks,
Bijal