Copy Move command development

Matteo Boscolo
Hi all,
Actually we have one command for managing copy/move of an object.
during the command the application ask you if you wold like to perform a copy or a move operation.
This seems to me, and from some feedback from users, to be very annoying because the user must  type C or M in the command line prompt  to perform copy or move.

We can manage this problem in two ways.
  • we can have two separated command one for copy and one for move
  • we can build a sort of smart pop up in the graphic area that let you chose one of the two options
The first solution it's the easier to implements but create a new toolbar button ..  and the user have to know that there is one command for copy one for move..
the second one takes long time to be implemented but once we have it we can extend it to the other command, and the user have just to click on the option near the mouse on the drawing area

so from my point of view I will prefer to implement  the second one.

Can you give me some feedback from your point of view/experience ?

I will appreciate a kindly replay

Regards,
Matteo

Re: Copy Move command development

Yagnesh Desai-2
Congratulations Matteo;

For the launch. Its something which can take the activity in PythonCAD to
next level.

I find it highly developed within a short period of time on new
kernel. Downloaded and installed on the windows and only one thing comes to
my mind is that

PythonCAD ROCKs .

Will soon send you my feedback.

I will now git it on my ubuntu 10.4

Cheers
Yagnesh

Re: Copy Move command development

FraserB
A common technique that I have found useful is to drag the object while
either the SHIFT or CTRL is held down to specify whether MOVE or COPY is
the desired action.
regards
Fraser