Correction: MacBook mini DISPLAYPORT to VGA adapter for tonight

Correction: MacBook mini DISPLAYPORT to VGA adapter for tonight

Richard Jones-7
Agh. Correction: I need a mini DISPLAYPORT (not mini DVI)  VGA adapter.

    Richard

Re: Correction: MacBook mini DISPLAYPORT to VGA adapter for tonight

Ed Schofield-3
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
Agh. Correction: I need a mini DISPLAYPORT (not mini DVI)  VGA adapter.

Yes, I'll bring one.

Cheers,
    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield
Python Charmers

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Agh. Correction: I need a mini DISPLAYPORT (not mini DVI)  VGA adapter.
>
> Yes, I'll bring one.

Excellent, thanks.

     Richard

looking for script to save weeks of slogwork

John Thorn-2

       Hello
              I don't know if this is done in python. Let me explain.

              I am a student at a college. It has a forum whose adminstator has agreed to my request, as a student, to give PM privileges to all students. Now, since all students get automatic status on the forum, virtue of their student number, the admin has told me this:

I have been following up on the Private Messaging permissions for all
students as I think it is a valuable function for students to use. It looks
as though we will have to manually give individual students permission to
send PMs to each other. With thousands of students registered as users on
the forums, this is not a small task. We will start with the top 200 or so
users who frequently use the forums and go on from there.

******

Now, instead of this slogwork is there any script that could do it quickly? A python script? php?perl? I don't know what the technology behind the forum is. I could ask if that will help people here advise me. But for now I am trying to keep my question uncluttered and simple. It does seem to me to be a task that a lot of forums would be faced with.

Any help will be appreciated. If someone were to write a script I cannot pay you anything; but I could give you acknowledments on the forum.

Thank you
Andrew

Re: looking for script to save weeks of slogwork

Sam Lai
You haven't really told us anything - what kind of forum software is
it? What kind of access do you have?

The simplest way would probably be to get access to the database, and
just execute a simple SQL statement to flip the switch for all
students. You could use python, but it would probably be overkill.

Seems a little odd that a forum doesn't have the ability to make mass
changes through its admin interface though.