Data transfer from Python CGI to javascript

Data transfer from Python CGI to javascript

engg@cleantechsolution.in
I have written the following program
#!c:\Python27\Python.exe
import cgi, cgitb;
import sys, serial
cgitb.enable()
ser = serial.Serial('COM27', 9600)
myvar = ser.readline()
print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"
print """
<head>
<title>
Real Time Temperature
</title>
  <script type="text/javascript">
    window.onload = startInterval;
    function startInterval()
    {
        setInterval("startTime();",1000);
    }

    function startTime(myvar)
    {
        document.getElementById('mine').innerHTML ="Temperature" +parseInt(myvar);

    }
  </script>
</head>
<h1>Real Time Temperature:</h1>
"""

It is giving an output of 'NaN' in the output.
If the python program is run alone it is giving the correct output.
Can anyone please help.
Is it also possible to separate the python and the javascript to two different files. If so how will I get/transfer the data in/from HTML .
Thanks

Data transfer from Python CGI to javascript

MRAB-2
On 09/08/2013 07:53, engg at cleantechsolution.in wrote:

> I have written the following program
> #!c:\Python27\Python.exe
> import cgi, cgitb;
> import sys, serial
> cgitb.enable()
> ser = serial.Serial('COM27', 9600)
> myvar = ser.readline()
> print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"
> print """
> <head>
> <title>
> Real Time Temperature
> </title>
>    <script type="text/javascript">
>      window.onload = startInterval;
>      function startInterval()
>      {
>          setInterval("startTime();",1000);
>      }
>
>      function startTime(myvar)
>      {
>          document.getElementById('mine').innerHTML ="Temperature" +parseInt(myvar);
>
>      }
>    </script>
> </head>
> <h1>Real Time Temperature:</h1>
> """
>
> It is giving an output of 'NaN' in the output.
> If the python program is run alone it is giving the correct output.
> Can anyone please help.
> Is it also possible to separate the python and the javascript to two different files. If so how will I get/transfer the data in/from HTML .
> Thanks

At a guess I'd say that it's because you have:

     setInterval("startTime();",1000);

which will call 'startTime' with no arguments, but:

     function startTime(myvar)

which means that it's expecting an argument.