Dealing with image related code which cannot run

Dealing with image related code which cannot run

akekhofananaye
Hi:

I am learning Python on my own using a " Guide to Programming with Python" book. Author of the book is Micheal Dawson and I am using version 2.3.5 of python.  When I try to run the code I do not get required results. The picture could not be loaded. I get trackback message regarding undefined module.The example from the book is as follows:

from liveswires import games

games.init(screen_width = 640, screen_height = 480, fps = 50)
wall_image = games.load_image("wall.jpg", transparent = False)
games.screen.background = wall_image

games.screen.mainloop()

Can anyone please assist me.

Thank you

Sikhumbuzo

Re: Dealing with image related code which cannot run

Terry Reedy
On 5/24/2011 11:12 AM, SKHUMBUZO ZIKHALI wrote:

> Hi:
> I am learning Python on my own using a " Guide to Programming with
> Python" book. Author of the book is Micheal Dawson and I am using
> version 2.3.5 of python. When I try to run the code I do not get
> required results. The picture could not be loaded. I get trackback
> message regarding undefined module.The example from the book is as follows:
> from liveswires import games
> games.init(screen_width = 640, screen_height = 480, fps = 50)
> wall_image = games.load_image("wall.jpg", transparent = False)
> games.screen.background = wall_image
> games.screen.mainloop()

This list is about development of IDLE. You post to python-list was the
proper place for this question, and I believe you got a solution there.

--
Terry Jan Reedy