Deploying CherryPy on shared web hosting

Deploying CherryPy on shared web hosting

jprieto
I just signed up for a shared hosting account.
The server has python 3.7 installed

Now I would like to install cherrypy on that server
but I cant not find instructions anywhere

please help

thank you

Re: Deploying CherryPy on shared web hosting

Tim Roberts
On Jul 26, 2019, at 6:29 PM, jprieto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just signed up for a shared hosting account.
> The server has python 3.7 installed
>
> Now I would like to install cherrypy on that server
> but I cant not find instructions anywhere

If they have “pip”, you can use it to install CherryPy.  It will install in your local directory, so you don’t need root access.  If they don’t have “pip”, you may have to build your own local copy of Python, where you can install whatever you want.  DreamHost, for one, requires that.  They don’t support “pip”.

Be aware that most shared hosting accounts do not allow you to run long-term TCP server processes like a traditional CherryPy server.  You may have to learn how to use FastCGI.

Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.