Deploying a static website

Django Dojo
I’ve created a static website in Django and i would like to know the cheapest and best way to design ploy it.

Re: Deploying a static website

Aldian Fazrihady
Why does a static website need help from a Python web app framework such as Django?

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, 08:47 Django Dojo, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve created a static website in Django and i would like to know the cheapest and best way to design ploy it.

Re: Deploying a static website

Aldian Fazrihady
You can also use Amazon S3 to host static website.

Regards,

Aldian Fazrihady
http://aldianfazrihady.com

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, 09:25 Django Dojo, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’m just learning Django and was trying it out, but is it better to deploy just using simple html, css and launch using a ftp

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, Aldian Fazrihady <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why does a static website need help from a Python web app framework such as Django?

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, 08:47 Django Dojo, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve created a static website in Django and i would like to know the cheapest and best way to design ploy it.

Re: Deploying a static website

Nick Sarbicki
The best way to deploy a static website is certainly on a bucket like s3. Heroku is massive overkill for this.

Django is also unnecessary to host a static website. I do have a CMS that generates and uploads static websites built with Django, but not django actually hosting the site.

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, 04:29 Aldian Fazrihady, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dave Edwards
If you want a simple way that manages all the deployment then use https://www.zappa.io/

Be warned- the IAM permissions for storage can be a pain (as with using most of AWS)!

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, 07:15 Nick Sarbicki, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Николай Ветров
Django Dojo,

Find a cheap and convenient way, then write what you choose.
I am looking only for local development within the company. I already have a server and I want to set up a deployment on it.

четверг, 4 июля 2019 г., 4:47:15 UTC+3 пользователь Django Dojo написал:
I’ve created a static website in Django and i would like to know the cheapest and best way to design ploy it.

Re: Deploying a static website

Joe Reitman
Just to clarify static vs dynamic

There are basically two main types of website - static and dynamic. A static site is one that is usually written in plain HTML and what is in the code of the page is what is displayed to the user. A dynamic site is one that is written using a server-side scripting language such as PHP, ASP, JSP, or Coldfusion.

Django is a dynamic site.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 8:47:15 PM UTC-5, Django Dojo wrote:
I’ve created a static website in Django and i would like to know the cheapest an

d best way to design ploy it.

Re: Deploying a static website

Krishna Tulsyan
if your website only contains HTML/CSS (basically static website) files then a much simple solution would be to deploy the website on github.

refer to this,
for further details

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 9:44 PM Joe Reitman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just to clarify static vs dynamic

There are basically two main types of website - static and dynamic. A static site is one that is usually written in plain HTML and what is in the code of the page is what is displayed to the user. A dynamic site is one that is written using a server-side scripting language such as PHP, ASP, JSP, or Coldfusion.

Django is a dynamic site.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 8:47:15 PM UTC-5, Django Dojo wrote:
I’ve created a static website in Django and i would like to know the cheapest an

d best way to design ploy it.

Re: Deploying a static website

omar ahmed
Heroku is very helpful and easy to deploy on it
https://medium.com/@BennettGarner/deploying-django-to-heroku-procfile-static-root-other-pitfalls-e7ab8b2ba33b
this is very good tutorial to deploy to heroku ... i deployed my first Django app by it
good luck