Developer docker images

Barry Warsaw
With the release of 3.7b1, I’ve updated the semi-official python-dev big ol’ docker image you can use in various CI and development tasks, such as for GitLab CI runners.  This image is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and comes with the latest Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and git master (now 3.8a0), along with a bunch of other useful tools like mypy, coverage, tox, wget, zip, and git.

For more information see:

https://gitlab.com/python-devs/ci-images/tree/master

The README.md file includes links to the quay.io repository, instructions on the image’s use, and a sample .gitlab-ci.yml file.

I’ll be tracking the 3.7 releases now as well.

Feedback welcome at:

https://gitlab.com/python-devs/ci-images

Cheers,
-Barry