Quantcast

[Discussion] Monthly Webinar

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi

Over half a decade, BangPypers grew significantly in content and group
wise. Last month, in the meetup data analysis, showed out of 5500 people
2805 RSVPed at least once. That's 51% of the crowd who showed interesting
in attending the meetup. Not everyone RSVP attends the event. Our average
turnout is forty to sixty percentage. We have more insights to share,
that's for an another day.

We regularly conduct one meetup per month. BangPypers hosted 64 meetups in
last five years. Fifty plus participants attend our meetup every month for
past few years. House full!

Only one percent of our group audience attend the meetup every month. We're
making efforts to conduct two meetups every month, but not yet there. And
continue to try our best. The meetup is more than numbers - education,
learning, networking, conversations, meeting old friends and making new
friends.

To engage the large crowd, how about conducting a monthly webinar for one
hour? Along with the physical meetup, experiment with webinar and have one
talk per session.

What will happen to physical meetup?

The physical meetups will happen without any hassle. One guaranteed
physical meetup and try for the second one every month.

Run at least one webinar every month. After few months decide to continue
or drop or increase the frequency.

The webinar can help interacting with people who're unable to attend the
meetup, practicing the talk for a conference, etc.

What are your thoughts?

--
Thanks & Regards

kracekumar
http://kracekumar.com

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

Haris Ibrahim K. V.
On 16 May 2017 at 20:57, kracekumar ramaraju
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Over half a decade, BangPypers grew significantly in content and group
> wise. Last month, in the meetup data analysis, showed out of 5500 people
> 2805 RSVPed at least once. That's 51% of the crowd who showed interesting
> in attending the meetup. Not everyone RSVP attends the event. Our average
> turnout is forty to sixty percentage. We have more insights to share,
> that's for an another day.
>
> We regularly conduct one meetup per month. BangPypers hosted 64 meetups in
> last five years. Fifty plus participants attend our meetup every month for
> past few years. House full!
>
> Only one percent of our group audience attend the meetup every month. We're
> making efforts to conduct two meetups every month, but not yet there. And
> continue to try our best. The meetup is more than numbers - education,
> learning, networking, conversations, meeting old friends and making new
> friends.

Good show. :)

> To engage the large crowd, how about conducting a monthly webinar for one
> hour? Along with the physical meetup, experiment with webinar and have one
> talk per session.
>
> What will happen to physical meetup?
>
> The physical meetups will happen without any hassle. One guaranteed
> physical meetup and try for the second one every month.
>
> Run at least one webinar every month. After few months decide to continue
> or drop or increase the frequency.
>
> The webinar can help interacting with people who're unable to attend the
> meetup, practicing the talk for a conference, etc.
>
> What are your thoughts?

Totally +1. For reference, Trey Hunner does something similar. You can
take a few ideas for the structure and announcement from there.
http://www.weeklypython.chat/.

Hope that helps,

> --
> Thanks & Regards
>
> kracekumar
> http://kracekumar.com

Haris Ibrahim K. V.
http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com
@harisibrahimkv

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

Shanki Singh Gandhi
Good initiative.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 16 May 2017 at 20:57, kracekumar ramaraju
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Over half a decade, BangPypers grew significantly in content and group
> > wise. Last month, in the meetup data analysis, showed out of 5500 people
> > 2805 RSVPed at least once. That's 51% of the crowd who showed interesting
> > in attending the meetup. Not everyone RSVP attends the event. Our average
> > turnout is forty to sixty percentage. We have more insights to share,
> > that's for an another day.
> >
> > We regularly conduct one meetup per month. BangPypers hosted 64 meetups
> in
> > last five years. Fifty plus participants attend our meetup every month
> for
> > past few years. House full!
> >
> > Only one percent of our group audience attend the meetup every month.
> We're
> > making efforts to conduct two meetups every month, but not yet there. And
> > continue to try our best. The meetup is more than numbers - education,
> > learning, networking, conversations, meeting old friends and making new
> > friends.
>
> Good show. :)
>
> > To engage the large crowd, how about conducting a monthly webinar for one
> > hour? Along with the physical meetup, experiment with webinar and have
> one
> > talk per session.
> >
> > What will happen to physical meetup?
> >
> > The physical meetups will happen without any hassle. One guaranteed
> > physical meetup and try for the second one every month.
> >
> > Run at least one webinar every month. After few months decide to continue
> > or drop or increase the frequency.
> >
> > The webinar can help interacting with people who're unable to attend the
> > meetup, practicing the talk for a conference, etc.
> >
> > What are your thoughts?
>
> Totally +1. For reference, Trey Hunner does something similar. You can
> take a few ideas for the structure and announcement from there.
> http://www.weeklypython.chat/.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards
> >
> > kracekumar
> > http://kracekumar.com

> Haris Ibrahim K. V.
> http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com
> @harisibrahimkv

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

Tejas S
Very Good initiation.

On 16-May-2017 9:45 pm, "Shanki Singh Gandhi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good initiative.
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On 16 May 2017 at 20:57, kracekumar ramaraju
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Over half a decade, BangPypers grew significantly in content and group
> > > wise. Last month, in the meetup data analysis, showed out of 5500
> people
> > > 2805 RSVPed at least once. That's 51% of the crowd who showed
> interesting
> > > in attending the meetup. Not everyone RSVP attends the event. Our
> average
> > > turnout is forty to sixty percentage. We have more insights to share,
> > > that's for an another day.
> > >
> > > We regularly conduct one meetup per month. BangPypers hosted 64 meetups
> > in
> > > last five years. Fifty plus participants attend our meetup every month
> > for
> > > past few years. House full!
> > >
> > > Only one percent of our group audience attend the meetup every month.
> > We're
> > > making efforts to conduct two meetups every month, but not yet there.
> And
> > > continue to try our best. The meetup is more than numbers - education,
> > > learning, networking, conversations, meeting old friends and making new
> > > friends.
> >
> > Good show. :)
> >
> > > To engage the large crowd, how about conducting a monthly webinar for
> one
> > > hour? Along with the physical meetup, experiment with webinar and have
> > one
> > > talk per session.
> > >
> > > What will happen to physical meetup?
> > >
> > > The physical meetups will happen without any hassle. One guaranteed
> > > physical meetup and try for the second one every month.
> > >
> > > Run at least one webinar every month. After few months decide to
> continue
> > > or drop or increase the frequency.
> > >
> > > The webinar can help interacting with people who're unable to attend
> the
> > > meetup, practicing the talk for a conference, etc.
> > >
> > > What are your thoughts?
> >
> > Totally +1. For reference, Trey Hunner does something similar. You can
> > take a few ideas for the structure and announcement from there.
> > http://www.weeklypython.chat/.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > > --
> > > Thanks & Regards
> > >
> > > kracekumar
> > > http://kracekumar.com
> >

> > --
> > Haris Ibrahim K. V.
> > http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com
> > @harisibrahimkv

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

Vinayak Hegde-2
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:57 PM, kracekumar ramaraju
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Over half a decade, BangPypers grew significantly in content and group
> wise. Last month, in the meetup data analysis, showed out of 5500 people
> 2805 RSVPed at least once. That's 51% of the crowd who showed interesting
> in attending the meetup. Not everyone RSVP attends the event. Our average
> turnout is forty to sixty percentage. We have more insights to share,
> that's for an another day.
>
> We regularly conduct one meetup per month. BangPypers hosted 64 meetups in
> last five years. Fifty plus participants attend our meetup every month for
> past few years. House full!

Great job by the organizing team.

> Run at least one webinar every month. After few months decide to continue
> or drop or increase the frequency.
>
> The webinar can help interacting with people who're unable to attend the
> meetup, practicing the talk for a conference, etc.
>
> What are your thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea. Webinars might be a great way to hear
international speakers as well based on topics of interest to the
community.

-- Vinayak

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

Noufal Ibrahim KV
On Tue, May 16 2017, kracekumar ramaraju wrote:

[...]

> To engage the large crowd, how about conducting a monthly webinar for one
> hour? Along with the physical meetup, experiment with webinar and have one
> talk per session.

This sounds like an excellent idea. +1

As an aside, here's an article that language aficionados might find
entertaining. I'm prompted to post this because of the use of that
disaster neologism "webinar" http://www.slate.com/articles/life/the_good_word/2013/03/chillax_wikipedia_and_bridezilla_are_not_puns_against_adjoinages.html

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

vasudevram
Great idea about the webinar, and congrats to all involved with
keeping the BangPypers group going well. The webinar will also help
people out of B'lore to be in touch to some extent, with the goings-on
of the group.

Cheers,
Vasudev
--
Vasudev Ram
---

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

kracekumar ramaraju

> On Tue, May 16 2017, kracekumar ramaraju wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > To engage the large crowd, how about conducting a monthly webinar for one
> > hour? Along with the physical meetup, experiment with webinar and have
> one
> > talk per session.
>

> This sounds like an excellent idea. +1
>
> As an aside, here's an article that language aficionados might find
> entertaining. I'm prompted to post this because of the use of that
> disaster neologism "webinar" http://www.slate.com/articles/
> life/the_good_word/2013/03/chillax_wikipedia_and_bridezilla_are_not_puns_
> against_adjoinages.html

Thanks for pointing out Noufal. I enjoyed reading it!

Here is an another view [0].

We're open to hear alternate names.

[0]: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/magazine/28FOB-onlanguage-t.html

> [...]
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in

Thanks & Regards

kracekumar
http://kracekumar.com

Re: [Discussion] Monthly Webinar

kracekumar ramaraju
[...]
> > What are your thoughts?
>
> Totally +1. For reference, Trey Hunner does something similar. You can
> take a few ideas for the structure and announcement from there.
> http://www.weeklypython.chat/.
>
> Hope that helps,

Thanks for the link. That gives a good idea on various formats to consider.

> > --
> > Thanks & Regards
> >
> > kracekumar
> > http://kracekumar.com