Distutils2 Documentation...

Rob Healey
Greetings:

From this web page,
http://packages.python.org/Distutils2/distutils/setupscript.html,

#!/usr/bin/env python

from distutils2.core import setup, find_packages

setup(name='Distutils2',
      version='1.0',
      summary='Python Distribution Utilities',
      keywords=['packaging', 'distutils2'],
      author=u'Tarek Ziadé',
      author_email='[hidden email]',
      home_page='http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutils2/wiki/Home',
      license='PSF',
      packages=find_packages())

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to import setup using Distutils2???

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: Distutils2 Documentation...

Éric Araujo-2
Hi,

The doc on packages.python.org is for distutils2 1.0a3 and is two years
old.  I need to remove it but haven’t found the time.  The current docs
live at docs.python.org, but not all of it is updated.

To get started in the meantime, please follow the directions I provided
in my reply to your previous message on this list:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2012-March/018408.html

Regards

Re: Distutils2 Documentation...

Erik Bray-2
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM, Rob Healey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings:

Hi there.

> From this web page,
> http://packages.python.org/Distutils2/distutils/setupscript.html,
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> from distutils2.core import setup, find_packages
>
> setup(name='Distutils2',
>      version='1.0',
>      summary='Python Distribution Utilities',
>      keywords=['packaging', 'distutils2'],
>      author=u'Tarek Ziadé',
>      author_email='[hidden email]',
>      home_page='http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutils2/wiki/Home',
>      license='PSF',
>      packages=find_packages())
>
> Can anyone tell me what I need to do to import setup using Distutils2???

You don't need or want (or have the ability) to do that.  there is no
setup() in distutils2.  I would refer you to the last time you asked
this question: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2012-March/018408.html
 Eric's answer stands: there is no setup.py.  Make a setup.cfg.  Read
the docs on docs.python.org/dev.

Erik

Re: Distutils2 Documentation...

Rob Healey
Dear Eric:

Thank you for the information once again!

I have bad tunnel vision and I am legally blind, so please forgive me...

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Éric Araujo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The doc on packages.python.org is for distutils2 1.0a3 and is two years old.
>  I need to remove it but haven’t found the time.  The current docs live at
> docs.python.org, but not all of it is updated.
>
> To get started in the meantime, please follow the directions I provided in
> my reply to your previous message on this list:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2012-March/018408.html
>
> Regards

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: Distutils2 Documentation...

Éric Araujo-2
Dear Rob,

You’re of course excused.  If we hadn’t let the docs get out of control
we would have less confused users.  I’ll do my best to find time.

Regards