[Django Documentation] Auto Scrolling the contents along with the page

[Django Documentation] Auto Scrolling the contents along with the page

Lokesh Sanapalli
Hi Everyone,

I am a big fan of django and using it since long. While reading the django documentation I felt that we need the feature of auto scrolling the right side contents along with the page.

For example take this page: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/topics/cache/

As you can see from the image, there's a contents section on the right side which says what are the different topics discussed. It is very much helpful. But, while reading the doc, in the middle of the page, you don't know which section you are in. So, making that scrollable along with page makes it more convenient for reading.

django_screenshot.png

Re: [Django Documentation] Auto Scrolling the contents along with the page

Lokesh Sanapalli
If you look at django rest framework docs, the topics are fixed on the left side as you scroll through.

For example take this page : https://www.django-rest-framework.org/api-guide/serializers/

For example take this page: <a href="https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/topics/cache/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.djangoproject.com%2Fen%2F2.2%2Ftopics%2Fcache%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFgknoVnH6X_xxde_c55WlGdWOuXQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.djangoproject.com%2Fen%2F2.2%2Ftopics%2Fcache%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFgknoVnH6X_xxde_c55WlGdWOuXQ&#39;;return true;">https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/topics/cache/

As you can see from the image, there's a contents section on the right side which says what are the different topics discussed. It is very much helpful. But, while reading the doc, in the middle of the page, you don't know which section you are in. So, making that scrollable along with page makes it more convenient for reading.

django_screenshot.png

Re: [Django Documentation] Auto Scrolling the contents along with the page

Lokesh Sanapalli
yeah... the contents should be fixed on the right side just like in django rest framework docs. please refer to the link above

For example take this page: <a href="https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/topics/cache/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.djangoproject.com%2Fen%2F2.2%2Ftopics%2Fcache%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFgknoVnH6X_xxde_c55WlGdWOuXQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.djangoproject.com%2Fen%2F2.2%2Ftopics%2Fcache%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFgknoVnH6X_xxde_c55WlGdWOuXQ&#39;;return true;">https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/topics/cache/