Django communications clent and server

Richard Maceček
Hello, I need help with client and server communications. Web Application - Djang Server Side. The client is written in python, it's actually a KODI add-on.

They need to deal with:
 1. client authorization,
 2. communications,
 3. data transfer.

I need to send the data I receive from the client to the server.

What would I use? I was thinking about JSON (websocket) or XML. Or Django-rest-framework? Another idea?

Thank you Best regards
M.R